Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will PTP and BTN give me a second chance?

Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    So I got banned on PTP for invite trading and the mod passed my info to the BTN mod and got banned there too. These were like 10 year old accounts and they banned them without batting an eyelid. I guess tracker staff dont believe in second chances or giving a guy the benefit of the doubt for being a member for a freaking decade. I went to the PTP IRC and apologized but he wasn't in a listening mood and he banned me from PTP and also from their IRC channel. As if that wasn't enough, he passed my info to BTN and KG and those guys banned me too.

I don't know if the PTP mods visit this forum but I was wondering if there's a reasonable mod there who will give me a second chance? Since this is the biggest forum about Bittorrrent outside of trackers I thought I'd try.
    Last edited by soulreaper; 08-30-2021 at 04:22 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Don't do the crime if you can't do the time

Pleasantries aside, I commend the fact you didn't conveniently omit the true reason for your ban, but this is the torrent world. The odds of staff giving you a "second chance" are approximately 0%, and as far as they're concerned, why would they? You broke one of their golden rules and that's it.

Personally, I think revoking your invite privileges on the specific tracker you traded invites for would have been more appropriate. Of course, I have no idea of what it's like to run something with X users during my free time as an unpaid volunteer who is also always right, so I'm wrong and should shut the fuck up.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Editing cause I said in the heat of the moment.
    Last edited by soulreaper; 09-07-2021 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Editing cause I said in the heat of the moment.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    I'd never trade PTP or BTN - trade IPtorrents if you are going to trade.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Last edited by soulreaper; 09-07-2021 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Editing cause I said in the heat of the moment.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeCandy View Post
    I'd never trade PTP or BTN - trade IPtorrents if you are going to trade.
    Who would trade their way to IPT when you can get an official invite for just $19.95?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post

Imagine getting banned from everywhere after having 10 year old accounts for trading once. Just once. This should end all doubts about how ruthless the tracker "staff" is.
    From my experience PTP doesn't normally hand down punishments from actions on other...lower tier sites. But PTP-BTN are like brother and sister sites.

You had PTP, I can't imagine what the other person had for you to trade. The punishment wouldn't have been so harsh if you just gave it away to some random - instead of trading.

I don't wish it but I will feel zero sympathy when these heartless pricks get taken down by the copyright thugs.
    PTP has been in the mainstream news before, so they understandably have to be cautious.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-cdca/pr...ding-screeners

You had a 10 year old account, you was around when this happened....
    Last edited by EyeCandy; 09-05-2021 at 02:21 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Last edited by soulreaper; 09-07-2021 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Editing cause I said in the heat of the moment.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    And let's not pretend like these "staffers" haven't traded at some point in their torrenting life. They ALL have at one point or another.
    You're trying to rationalize your crime.

Anyways what torrent site was worth PTP? You're at the top and can get into any other torrent site in their invite forum.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Last edited by soulreaper; 09-07-2021 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Editing cause I said in the heat of the moment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast