Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will PTP and BTN give me a second chance?

Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    Ask anyone who's been in the torrent scene for a long time.
    Compares join dates...

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Editing cause I said in the heat of the moment.
    Last edited by soulreaper; 09-07-2021 at 04:00 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Do as I say ,not as I do is the credo of most people in power basically anywhere.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Last edited by soulreaper; 09-07-2021 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Editing cause I said in the heat of the moment.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I gave up owning slaves way back in 1997.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I gave up owning slaves way back in 1997.
    :lol:

Have you considered doing standup? Think u have a knack for it. Should monetize our talents you know.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Which is why it's even more surprising because there are literal invite threads here from staffers who have forgiven traders to join their great sites because they themselves traded at one point so they can relate.
    Trading used to be a commonplace and acceptable way to join trackers, but that changed a long time ago. I don't think anyone in the current generation of staff members have done it, considering this very thread is an example of the potential consequences.

Anyway, even if I were wrong, this is the torrent world and they're judge, jury and executioner
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Last edited by soulreaper; 09-07-2021 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Editing cause I said in the heat of the moment.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Imagine if I was an anti-piracy rep and I had told that staffer that if he bans me instead of simply revoking my invite privileges, I would come after his site and do everything in my power to take it down, would he have taken the same action? I think not. So it was a powertrip for him than upholding their sacred rules. It's unfortunate that they don't understand their own hypocrisy and they can't give a well-intentioned member the benefit of the doubt. I mean what was I gonna do if I had my invites revoked and let me keep my account? Eat up the site? Chew up the files? Swallow their torrents?

What's funny is that I spoke to another staffer at a different torrent site and he said the punishment was too much and that makes me all the more sad and angry. I was just an ordinary guy with a love for movies. Shame this has happened. I think these staffers are devoid of emotion and humanity. Atleast he could've given me a timeout for say 6 months or even a year and reenable me after that. Don't understand why the ban(s) needs to be for life.

Still don't have a logical answer for why invoking my invite privs wasn't enough punishment. How exactly am I supposed to make up for my mistake if the ban's for life?
    Last edited by soulreaper; 09-22-2021 at 07:31 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Imagine if I was an anti-piracy rep and I had told that staffer that if he bans me instead of simply revoking my invite privileges, I would come after his site and do everything in my power to take it down, would he have taken the same action?
    No, it would have been much worse.

https://filesharingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=338197
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast