Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why BTN-PTP-RED is bad for you

Quote Originally Posted by Intr4ns1t View Post
    That's just... a lot of money... *sigh*
    The cringe is double when you realize what he spends on seedboxes in one month is enough to live like a king in the less-developed corners of the world... but hey, BitTorrent is serious business

Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    I was a heavy demonoid user back when Deimos was running the show. I didn't crave for a single private torrent site back then no matter how elite they were cause I could get everything on Demonoid including rare movies and TV shows.
    Old Demonoid was great, indeed. There isn't anything quite like it nowadays, but you can get far with a combination of its semi-official revival, TPB, RuTracker and DHT indexers. eMule and private search engines (Google is too censored) should not be underestimated either.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    The cringe is double when you realize what he spends on seedboxes in one month is enough to live like a king in the less-developed corners of the world... but hey, BitTorrent is serious business

I was a heavy demonoid user back when Deimos was running the show. I didn't crave for a single private torrent site back then no matter how elite they were cause I could get everything on Demonoid including rare movies and TV shows.
    Old Demonoid was great, indeed. There isn't anything quite like it nowadays, but you can get far with a combination of its semi-official revival, TPB, RuTracker and DHT indexers. eMule and private search engines (Google is too censored) should not be underestimated either.
    People used to say I'm on Revtt or SCT or whatever and I used to think Have you heard of a site called Demonoid? You get EVERYTHING there lol

People used to talk bad things about Demonoid on these private tracker forums and I used to be like 'but there are more files there than anywhere else. Why doesn't that count?'
    Last edited by soulreaper; 09-18-2021 at 11:58 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

Of course, to be able to automate getting TBs, you must be able to get TBs in the first place.

Attachment 187173
    Sometimes not having the money to do something is only thing that prevents other people from seeing how truly insane we actually are.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    People used to say I'm on Revtt or SCT or whatever and I used to think Have you heard of a site called Demonoid? You get EVERYTHING there lol
    One guy in a local forum once traded an FTN invite for a Demonoid code. I for one couldn't believe he wasn't on The Demon already

RevTT is not elite enough, I joined through open signups... sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Sometimes not having the money to do something is only thing that prevents other people from seeing how truly insane we actually are.
    Ah, all I want is just one opportunity to prove I totally wouldn't waste my money on anime figurines and onaholes if I were as rich as that guy. Or everyone in /r/DataHoarder.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    One guy in a local forum once traded an FTN invite for a Demonoid code. I for one couldn't believe he wasn't on The Demon already

RevTT is not elite enough, I joined through open signups... sorry!
    That's crazy.

I think the one place you've missed out is PTP and BTN specially the former. It's worth it as it's easy to survive,one is ratiofree and the other has a generous BP system. Once you're in I guarantee it you'll stop looking for movies and TV shows elsewhere. They are like the old demonoid on steroids. Too bad they have chosen the elite route.

The closest description to both would be like Rutracker on gazelle with everything in English.
    Last edited by soulreaper; 09-18-2021 at 12:45 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    I think the one place you've missed out is PTP and BTN specially the former.
    Uh, you might have missed this...

I got on PTP via open signups, and let my account die of inactivity.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Uh, you might have missed this...

I got on PTP via open signups, and let my account die of inactivity.
    I mean had you kept it alive, you would've seen the benefits today. If you remember your nick and/or email you could get it reeanbled as they dont delete accounts.(and then you can reinvite me..nah j/k)

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I got my Red invite from Meg and let it die from inactivity because I hate Meg.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    In that case, any chance you could send me a dozen invites to anything?

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I got my Red invite from Meg and let it die from inactivity because I hate Meg.
    You sonofabitch! I hate you even more.

Btw, just stopped by the way one waters neglected houseplants and puppies.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 09-23-2021 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast