Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Have you got DMCAed?

  1. #1
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    918
    Have you ever got DMCAed from downloading at any of the public trackers like TPB, Demonoid, RARBG, Rutracker?

    All these sites are blocked by my govt so I have to access them via proxy. I'm wondering if I'm going to get fined if I download from these sites? More specifically Demon,RAR and Ru. TPB won't surprise me.

  2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    Have you ever got DMCAed from downloading at any of the public trackers like TPB, Demonoid, RARBG, Rutracker?
    No. Perks of living in the fourth world where no one gives a fuck With that said, all of those are public trackers of massive proportions (especially the last two), so if you're in a country where copyright notices are a thing, you will get one soon enough.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

  3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    Have you ever got DMCAed from downloading at any of the public trackers like TPB, Demonoid, RARBG, Rutracker?
    No. Perks of living in the fourth world where no one gives a fuck With that said, all of those are public trackers of massive proportions (especially the last two), so if you're in a country where copyright notices are a thing, you will get one soon enough.
    https://www.dnaindia.com/technology/...-india-2247460


  4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    If that article is factually accurate, the fine applies to visiting torrent sites (or attempting to) and not downloading the actual torrents. Just use Tor Browser and they won't know if you're browsing RARBG, lolicon or chicken soup recipes.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

  5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    If that article is factually accurate, the fine applies to visiting torrent sites (or attempting to) and not downloading the actual torrents. Just use Tor Browser and they won't know if you're browsing RARBG, lolicon or chicken soup recipes.
    Thanks anon, was wondering the same.

  6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Yes I have.

  7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Definitely recommend Tor browser. Its available for Android as well.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •