Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you got DMCAed?

Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Have you ever got DMCAed from downloading at any of the public trackers like TPB, Demonoid, RARBG, Rutracker?

All these sites are blocked by my govt so I have to access them via proxy. I'm wondering if I'm going to get fined if I download from these sites? More specifically Demon,RAR and Ru. TPB won't surprise me.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    Have you ever got DMCAed from downloading at any of the public trackers like TPB, Demonoid, RARBG, Rutracker?
    No. Perks of living in the fourth world where no one gives a fuck With that said, all of those are public trackers of massive proportions (especially the last two), so if you're in a country where copyright notices are a thing, you will get one soon enough.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    No. Perks of living in the fourth world where no one gives a fuck With that said, all of those are public trackers of massive proportions (especially the last two), so if you're in a country where copyright notices are a thing, you will get one soon enough.
    https://www.dnaindia.com/technology/...-india-2247460

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    If that article is factually accurate, the fine applies to visiting torrent sites (or attempting to) and not downloading the actual torrents. Just use Tor Browser and they won't know if you're browsing RARBG, lolicon or chicken soup recipes.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    If that article is factually accurate, the fine applies to visiting torrent sites (or attempting to) and not downloading the actual torrents. Just use Tor Browser and they won't know if you're browsing RARBG, lolicon or chicken soup recipes.
    Thanks anon, was wondering the same.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Yes I have.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Definitely recommend Tor browser. Its available for Android as well.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Rerecros's Avatar Member
    I have gotten emails that i've never responded to and never had any issue arise from it. I've had a website DMCA'd but that was for an entirely different thing.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Yes, ignored it and moved on.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Yea... waaaayyy back. Just chilled out a bit and went on...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast