Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Boxsets and packs

  1. #1
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    918
    Which torrent sites have boxsets or packs? Bonus points for sites that I don't have to donate my firstborn to join/get invited.

    Which ones permit partial downloading of these boxsets/packs instead of downloading the entire 100GB pack?

    Also, what are the seeding rules for downloading TL boxsets that are marked freeleech?
    Last edited by soulreaper; 09-26-2021 at 05:07 AM.

  2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    I'm on very few sites that cater to particular type of content. The packs and sets in them are all usually FL so you can just grab stuff you want and keep seeding. Only thing is you're permanently seen as a leecher on those unless you download the whole thing. It's not really an issue per se but yeah just putting that info out there.

  3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by ripcord View Post
    I'm on very few sites that cater to particular type of content. The packs and sets in them are all usually FL so you can just grab stuff you want and keep seeding. Only thing is you're permanently seen as a leecher on those unless you download the whole thing. It's not really an issue per se but yeah just putting that info out there.

    What if it's a movie pack of 10 movies and you want 5. If you seed those 5 for say 48 hours or a week and drop off, is that considered a HNR?

  4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    SCC had a superb archive section with lots of packs - and all freeleech - but has the small disadvantage of no longer existing. Anyway, the FL+IPT+TL trifecta should cover you nicely here. I can also recommend Linkomanija, but have no idea how you're supposed to get in these days (I got my invite out of the blue, and sadly lost the account to inactivity). As for the other questions, each tracker's FAQ, rules and wiki pages will provide quick and accurate answers

    Anyone remember PackMe.In? The concept was good as was the content, but for some reason they didn't last long.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

  5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ripcord View Post
    I'm on very few sites that cater to particular type of content. The packs and sets in them are all usually FL so you can just grab stuff you want and keep seeding. Only thing is you're permanently seen as a leecher on those unless you download the whole thing. It's not really an issue per se but yeah just putting that info out there.

    What if it's a movie pack of 10 movies and you want 5. If you seed those 5 for say 48 hours or a week and drop off, is that considered a HNR?
    That will depend on the HNR rules for each site. Like I said I am on sites but the rules on them for HNR are not that strict that you'd get into shit. But if a pack is FL on those sites and if I drop seeding them as soon as I have what I want the staff on those sites wouldn't really be on my case. BUT it is still a good practice to seed that stuff even for more than 48 hours. I have seeded incomplete packs for as long as a month and then I just stop. Again as I said the rules where I am are a little relaxed so I don't face issues.

    As anon has pointed out the FAQ's and Help sections of each site should answer your questions. Other than that you can always contact site staff and ask questions or even ask for clarification around the forums depending on how active the community on the site is.

    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post

    Anyone remember PackMe.In? The concept was good as was the content, but for some reason they didn't last long.
    I don't know this site but I think the problem for any site is how good the retention is and that all depends on how active the community is. Most people just want to get into an "established' site that gets content regularly instead of giving a new place a chance where you will eventually get what you want. All it takes is patience. Unfortunately that is a virtue that is lost on most people these days.
    Last edited by ripcord; 09-27-2021 at 05:18 AM.

  6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,217
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post

    Anyone remember PackMe.In? The concept was good as was the content, but for some reason they didn't last long.
    I do remember that actually. I was a member there. Remember you had to pin the tail on the donkey or some shit to log in.
    Crazy that my drug riddled brain was able to unlock a memory longer than a week.

  7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ripcord View Post
    I don't know this site but I think the problem for any site is how good the retention is and that all depends on how active the community is. Most people just want to get into an "established' site that gets content regularly instead of giving a new place a chance where you will eventually get what you want. All it takes is patience. Unfortunately that is a virtue that is lost on most people these days.
    If it's any consolation, I think that if you build it, they will come

    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    I do remember that actually. I was a member there. Remember you had to pin the tail on the donkey or some shit to log in.
    Crazy that my drug riddled brain was able to unlock a memory longer than a week.
    I remember that too! I believe it was a subtle jab at the "fake login pages" that were commonplace those days, and still in use by at least two trackers. Because you know, cops decide which sites to take down based on how pirate-y the login form looks.

    Anyway, I was also a member and used my account fairly often. Their founder was active here and even posted an official review. Not sure why they flopped and disappeared, maybe the world wasn't ready.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

  8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,217
    It was just too good of an idea. Those seem to not succeed in the torrenting world.

  9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    It had packs, it had no ratio, but what was really missing was a domain name ending in the.net.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •