Thread: Dude is going through all almost 700 NES titles and is reviewing them

Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4

2. Games   -   #2
    Will check this out, maybe the FF7 demake will be among them
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Games   -   #3
    Good reviews, but 1942 deserves much more than 3/10. It's one of those simple yet difficult and addictive classics!

4. Games   -   #4
    OMG 1942 definitely should be more than 3/10!

5. Games   -   #5
    If 1942 is 3 out of 10, not sure I trust the rest of his reviews.

6. Games   -   #6
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Will check this out, maybe the FF7 demake will be among them
    I didn't know there was a demake! Maybe now I can actually get into the game? I've hated every other FFVII version I've tried so far.
    By the way Bloodborne has gotten a demake. Not the whole game, but up to Father Casgoine. Haven't played it yet, but it looks even more intense in ps1 era graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Inverted View Post
    If 1942 is 3 out of 10, not sure I trust the rest of his reviews.
    Agreed. There's been a few that he's reviewed that I thought he actually hasn't played the games. Which is understandable, that's a lot of games to play. But mention that shit or something.
    Last edited by Funkin'; 02-15-2022 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. Games   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    I didn't know there was a demake! Maybe now I can actually get into the game? I've hated every other FFVII version I've tried so far.
    Reviews and gameplay videos on YouTube indicate that the main storyline and gameplay mechanics have been implemented surprisingly well, but most optional sidequests and content are missing, and the difficulty level is very high. From a technical viewpoint, the hardware is being pushed to its absolute limits just to fit such a large game inside a cartridge, let alone run it.

By the way, the original is a true masterpiece. Grab the Steam version (the 1997 one is almost impossible to get working on a modern system) and keep an open mind and shit.

8. Games   -   #8
    Can't get it to load

9. Games   -   #9
    Works for me.

Also, Megaman got a 6/10 and I'd have to agree. The series didn't really take off until Megaman X; the originals suffered from poor collision detection, fake difficulty (let's fight all those bosses again one after the other!) and sequelitis.