Thread: windows 10 help

Hi for years have tried to used windows 10 and i cant get used to it so i go back to windows 7. Can anyone tell me if there is way to make windows 10 act and look similar to windows 7.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Not exactly, but it's like someone once told me. If you drink your coffee black for a week, you'll never go back to adding cream and sugar. So my advice is to bite the bullet. After you use it exclusively for a while, you will no longer miss Windows 7, which is out of support. Microsoft no longer releases security updates for Windows 7. And, if you don't like Windows 10, then you probably won't like Windows 11 either, which was just released.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpybear2000 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if there is way to make windows 10 act and look similar to windows 7.
    https://winclassic.boards.net/

Add an anti-telemetry script and you're set.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBirdFinger View Post
    Microsoft no longer releases security updates for Windows 7.
    They do, it just takes a little work to obtain and install them.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    guess no more ideas and help

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    You asked how Windows 10 can be made to look like 7. BigBirdFinger gave an answer that is valid to some extent, as it's impossible to fully, completely, 100% achieve that. I linked you to a source where you can find details on how to deal with everything that can be changed (and it's a fairly underrated one with lots of original content, by the way). What else do you need?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    You are asking for trouble in still using windows 7. Due to the lack of support from microsoft and lack of security updates, you are very vulnerable on the interwebs.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Try Windows 11 instead.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by chuubaka View Post
    You are asking for trouble in still using windows 7. Due to the lack of support from microsoft and lack of security updates, you are very vulnerable on the interwebs.
    So far, so good... then again, I use an extensively tweaked and hardened setup.

0patch is an interesting project aimed at salvaging this sort of situation. OSArmor is also worth checking out.