Thread: Will the EU disintegrate in the next twenty years

I thought I would start a more political thread.

I was in favour of Brexit and I still am today.I took the view that our sovereignty was under threat
    by the ever increasing integration of the EU. Remember the Veto is being removed so that means
    if we had stayed in the EU laws could be imposed upon us which could damage our economy or are
    not appropriate to the situation and our foreign policy here in the UK.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    So are you in favour of Scottish independence? Irish? They could all pretty much make the same point about remaining in the UK.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Zupper View Post

I was in favour of Brexit and I still am today.I took the view that our sovereignty was under threat
    by the ever increasing integration of the EU. Remember the Veto is being removed so that means
    if we had stayed in the EU laws could be imposed upon us which could damage our economy or are
    I think you'll find we had a veto on the veto being removed...

Not that it matters now, as this country has gone down the shitter, bother figuratively and literally.

Oh ps, you're an idiot.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post

I think you'll find we had a veto on the veto being removed...

Not that it matters now, as this country has gone down the shitter, bother figuratively and literally.

Oh ps, you're an idiot.
    Nope, qualified majority voting is coming in very soon, no more vetos

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

Nationalism always results in some type of tyranny. Doesn't matter if it presents itself as fascism or communism, it all ends in tears. Prove me wrong.

On the other hand....

Of course the Lennons of the World all wind up slaughtered by the would be tyrants or their agents but hey, that's not my problem.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Nationalism always results in some type of tyranny. Doesn't matter if it presents itself as fascism or communism, it all ends in tears. Prove me wrong.

Not always, England has been a democracy for a long time and there are checks and balances build into our System. For example Germany is relatively new Country so democracy was unstable. The extreme terms imposed upon Germany mainly by the French after the first world war directly led to Hitler rising to power who was democratically voted into power.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Brexit will not turn out good

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    ShinShin's Avatar Poster
    The EU may very well disintegrate in the next twenty years. Either that or it will become more and more like a super-state.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Hasnt it already?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    It is indeed pretty much gone. Colonised and then attacked by the US.
    Now go away.