Thread: iPhone unlocking

Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    I have an AT&T iPhone 12 mini that I need unlocked for overseas travel. In the past I used Chronic Unlocks, but it appears that they are out of business (at least their website is down). Can anyone recommend a trustworthy service?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I would assume https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/ is not an option for some reason...

SIM locks became history a long time ago here, it was easier than trying to fight the black market.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Phone is not entirely paid off yet, so AT&T can't/won't do it yet. Would have bought the phone outright, but their trade-in offer for my old iPhone 8 was just too good. So now I am stuck on the installment plan...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Well, then I can't really help much I looked up "Chronic Unlocks", but they're delisted from search engines and their homepage says they'll be back in 10 minutes (for a bit longer than that).

I suppose you could search for information on how to do it yourself, but the days of unlock code calculators are long gone, usually specialized hardware is needed now.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Giving a shoutout to cellunlocker.net. Reasonably priced, reasonably fast. Seems to be working as advertised. So far no strange charges on my credit card.
    Last edited by Caballero; 12-07-2021 at 02:19 PM.