Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Speeds Do U Get Off Kazaa?

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by moyersan@6 December 2003 - 19:06
    how od you get 200 on cable in kazaa?? highest ive seen is 100, and only twice in two years
    u mean me? i get 200-300 on popular files with many users. like if i search for a dvd rip, and dl the 1 with the most users, i usually get around 200-300. the highest i ever got was 300 something.

cable is faster than dsl

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@6 December 2003 - 23:08
    cable is faster than dsl
    not necessarily, it depends on the rated speed of the service

i.e. 1 meg adsl should be faster than 512k cable
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    i have 3.2 megabit cable and right now i am dling 2 files with over 20 sources and i am getting less than 5ksec on both

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    i have gotten 700ksec from microsoft&#39;s ftp

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+6 December 2003 - 19:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 6 December 2003 - 19:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@6 December 2003 - 23:08
    cable is faster than dsl
    not necessarily, it depends on the rated speed of the service

i.e. 1 meg adsl should be faster than 512k cable [/b][/quote]
    yea, i&#39;m talking about regular dsl. like yahoo dsl. adsl is more expensive than regular dsl.

i have 3.2 megabit cable and right now i am dling 2 files with over 20 sources and i am getting less than 5ksec on both
    i have 2.6 megabits connection

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    lolol, what exactly were u downloadin man?

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@6 December 2003 - 23:26
    adsl is more expensive than regular dsl
    if anything, adsl should be less expensive than dsl

adsl means that the upload speed and download speed are different (in all cases i&#39;ve seen, the upload is slower than the download)

dsl means the upload speed is the same as the download speed

adsl and dsl don&#39;t have anything to do with the companies who offer them, only the rated speeds

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    internet.news
    abu: how much does you pay for regular com cable?

Is it possible to get 24/7 cable connection while paying one time at once or
    only per month?

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Ok, I first got my DSL service over a year ago, and I signed up for a 1.5mbps downstream, and a 256kbps upstream service. Just a few minutes ago, I got curious if that was what I was getting for speed. I went to Sprint&#39;s DSL Speed Test (My ISP), and checked it. I got 504kbps downstream, and 302kbps upstream. I was like wtf? I talked to an online support person, and they said I&#39;m paying for the 1.5mbps, but I&#39;m getting the 512kbps service. They told me to call them and they&#39;d fix it. It just pisses me off that I&#39;ve paid for the faster service and only gotten the slow one for over a year (I pay it because my parents see no need for it). Does anyone else have 1.5mpbs down, and 256kbps up? I&#39;m just curious what your download speeds are when you download from like CNET downloads etc. (websites). I know when I download things it&#39;s at a rate of about 65kb/s.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Originally posted by ccskorn@7 December 2003 - 06:07
    Does anyone else have 1.5mpbs down, and 256kbps up? I&#39;m just curious what your download speeds are when you download from like CNET downloads etc. (websites). I know when I download things it&#39;s at a rate of about 65kb/s.
    you should get about 150-175 kB/sec downloads from servers and/or good sources

i&#39;d phone your isp and demand some money back, or free time anyway...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast