Thread: Control Fan Speed

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Is there any software out there that can control fan speeds?

In my system I have my heat sync fan and an older 60mm heatsync fan set up as a system fan but it is very loud so i was wondering if their was any software that i could download to control the speed the fans run at (currently ~6000rpm, want it down to 1000-3000rpm)...

my motherboard doesnt have any controls for the speed and i dont want to buy fan speed controllers because i have no money to waste on stuff like this so does anybody know of any software i could try to control the speeds and make it quiter???
    thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    there is a program called 'speed fan' that will control fan speeds. i know that you want to reduce fan speeds (on your cpu), but what is your current cpu temp? and also i wouldnt reduce it by that much (as it will be shifting virtually no air)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I forgot to mention i do have speed fan but that is where i got the idea to change the speed to reduce speed but i cant figure out how it is done.

And im not changing the hsf speed, im changing my extra fan speed...the one that gets the air out of my case. CPU temps are 42c, ~48c load but has been higher.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    memeber like lynx and clocker have used speed fan in the past, so try pming them