Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To Share Music (read)

How to share [NEW] music (Sharing edicts)
    • When sharing new music… MAKE SURE IT WORKS before sharing it.
    • BEFORE posting it, scan the file/music with an antivirus program.
    • Fill out all of its detail bars to the best of your ability so that the file/music is easy to find.
    • If you download share the file, unless it has ‘THE SCREECH’ (if your to anal still share it, but limit the uploads)
    • If the file/music has ‘THE SCREECH’ in the middle of the song delete the F***ing thing (see tips).
    Code:
    People like quality. So, if you do not think it is good quality, do not share it!
    ----Tips----
    A.) Whenever using a p2p program you are considered an F***ing Retard if you do not have an Antivirus Program installed, updated, and active.
    B.) When saving new music to prevent ‘THE SCREECH’ DO NOT save it in *.mp3 format, SAVE IT in *.wma and/or *.wav format.
    C.) Delete files that do not work, have ‘THE SCREECH’, are incomplete, and/or are of bad quality.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    internet.news
    "... How to share [NEW] music (Sharing edicts)
    When sharing new music… MAKE SURE IT WORKS before sharing it.
    BEFORE posting it, scan the file/music with an antivirus program.
    Fill out all of its detail bars to the best of your ability so that the file/music is easy to find.
    If you download share the file, unless it has ‘THE SCREECH’ (if your to anal still share it, but limit the uploads)
    If the file/music has ‘THE SCREECH’ in the middle of the song delete the F***ing thing (see tips).

CODE
    People like quality. So, if you do not think it is good quality, do not share it!

----Tips----
    A.) Whenever using a p2p program you are considered an F***ing Retard
    if you do not have an Antivirus Program installed, updated, and active.
    B.) When saving new music to prevent ‘THE SCREECH’ DO NOT save it in *.mp3 format, SAVE IT in *.wma and/or *.wav format.
    C.) Delete files that do not work, have ‘THE SCREECH’, are incomplete, and/or are of bad quality. ..."

yep, thanks for this

Let me add: when I can't find hard-to-find stuff - like some soundtracks, e.g. a thousand acres - I buy it and share it so over ppl can get it easier

"... B.) When saving new music to prevent ‘THE SCREECH’ DO NOT save it in *.mp3 format,
    SAVE IT in *.wma and/or *.wav format. ..."

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by Death2Uall@6 December 2003 - 22:27
    ----Tips----
    A.) Whenever using a p2p program you are considered an F***ing Retard if you do not have an Antivirus Program installed, updated, and active.
    C.) Delete files that do not work, have ‘THE SCREECH’, are incomplete, and/or are of bad quality.
    a. agreed
    b. wtf do you think renaming it will do
    c. agreed

please explain your rational

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Your just posting the same thing that's been said over and over. There's nothing new here.

When sharing new music… MAKE SURE IT WORKS before sharing it.
    Yes, that seems to be the problem why fakes are being spread on the network so quickly.
    BEFORE posting it, scan the file/music with an antivirus program.
    Good for other types of files, but music files can't contain a virus. (So I'm Told.)
    Fill out all of its detail bars to the best of your ability so that the file/music is easy to find.
    Yup. You can also use an MP3 Tagger.
    If you download share the file, unless it has ‘THE SCREECH’ (if your to anal still share it, but limit the uploads)
    Wtf is this? Did you really think you needed to include this?
    Agree.
    Like muchspl2 said. " wtf do you think renaming it will do "
    Agree.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    the hissing is probably from the encoder your using. alot of cheap encoders will cause hissing, skipping, popping, and cracking. i reccomend using the encoder that comes with MMjb(fraunhauffer) or CDEX(lame).

some encoders may work well on some systems and not others. when you encode(rip) your mp3's(or wma,wav,ogg) make sure your not running alot of processes(programs) in the background. i have an old pentium 1 w/233mhz processor at home ill rip mp3's with. it makes exact duplicates of the files!!!! but i don't run anything in the background except the software im using to rip the files.
    alot of encoding software have the ability to tag and name your music files correctly as they rip them. i suggest using one of these programs that do such a task: MusicMatch Jukebox or CDEX both of which are excellent!!!!
    now in the options/settings of these software are encoding options. i reccomend using a CBR(constant Bit Rate) of 192kps or higher for mp3's. and plain Stereo worx wonderful. no need to play with options you don't understand(some of which i don't either). you'll probably mess up the quality of your file and not be happy with the outcome. good luxx and happy ripping/dling!!!!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Good for other types of files, but music files cannot contain a virus. (So I am told.)
    Viruses can be placed in anything (especially *.dat files). Usually music files do not work if there is a virus is attached.

Wtf is this? Did you really think you needed to include this?
    I just felt obligated to encourage the sharing of WORKING music files. The limited downloads is to encourage people with slow connections or gamers to share.

Like muchspl2 said. "Wtf do you think renaming it will do?
    Renaming it will do nothing. Sharing the file type is different. If you share new MP3s there is a good chance 'the screech' will be encoded into the music. However, 'the screech' does not show up in WAVs and WMAs (unless some idiot tried to convert a bad MP3 into a WAV or WMA). So when you download new music from a CD to share on the internet, if you know 'the screech' will show up, do not convert it into mp3 keep it in WAV or convert it into WMA.
    To test what I am saying Download "White Flag" in MP3, in WMA (if you can find), and WAV (If you can Find). Which ones Work?

Feel free to ask more questions, add more information, or request clarification.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    internet.news
    Originally posted by iHadYourMomLastNight@7 December 2003 - 00:02
    the hissing is probably from the encoder your using. alot of cheap encoders will cause hissing, skipping, popping, and cracking. i reccomend using the encoder that comes with MMjb(fraunhauffer) or CDEX(lame).

some encoders may work well on some systems and not others. when you encode(rip) your mp3's(or wma,wav,ogg) make sure your not running alot of processes(programs) in the background. i have an old pentium 1 w/233mhz processor at home ill rip mp3's with. it makes exact duplicates of the files!!!! but i don't run anything in the background except the software im using to rip the files.
    alot of encoding software have the ability to tag and name your music files correctly as they rip them. i suggest using one of these programs that do such a task: MusicMatch Jukebox or CDEX both of which are excellent!!!!
    now in the options/settings of these software are encoding options. i reccomend using a CBR(constant Bit Rate) of 192kps or higher for mp3's. and plain Stereo worx wonderful. no need to play with options you don't understand(some of which i don't either). you'll probably mess up the quality of your file and not be happy with the outcome. good luxx and happy ripping/dling!!!!
    I am using Audiograbber - it is quite good for my needs.

As I read VBR - Variable Bitrate, should be better than CBR - Constant Bitrate. But I can't hear the difference?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Death2Uall you need to visit MusicWorld.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@7 December 2003 - 09:05
    Death2Uall you need to visit MusicWorld.
    I do but sometime I get no love
    I posted a tim leary mp3 and got no responses

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    This says nothing about blocking possible/probable RIAA ip addresses from trying to contact your computer.

For that, update the ip blocklist in Kazaa Lite K++.

And make SURE listing of all your files is disabled AND block RIAA ips is enabled!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast