Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Twenty very difficult months

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I read and reread that-- there's so much packed into that small space of your post and that short amount of time. The common details our stories share leaves my (still very much raw) heart aching. A storm hit you and just didn't let up. I don't remember which of the Rocky movies it was in, but I remember Stallone saying something along the lines of, "It doesn't matter how hard you hit, but how many hits you can take and keep moving forward." That was most definitely you.

I was just trying to be playful mixed in with all the weight in this thread. Financially I have never been better, tbh. My heart just hasn't been in it to act on any of it.

You definitely get my point, then.

The immersion (for lack of a better term) is over, the crisis is resolved, and you have to raise your sights to your own future again.

You're way out of practice, like I am, but you'll make it.

As with you, I'm financially secure at the moment - don't owe anyone anything at all.

Remember to breathe, buddy.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #22
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    We can actually pull together a pretty nice summer after clearing a couple more hurdles. Timing is right.

Let's see if I can correctly pick the location and time for the next big outbreak of vaccine-immune covid!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    My own father gradually became the angry, toxic cunt he is today, so I find your plight personally relatable to an extent. I like to think he at least helped in his own way, by providing many bad examples for me to learn from. In any case, after a situation like this the only thing you can do is, as you succinctly put it...

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Looking back, trying to see if I could have handled things any better
    ...and if fulfilling your promise and continuing to do so as the stress grew and the temptation to quit became stronger isn't the best possible output from your side, I have absolutely no idea what is.

As for getting your life back on track, it's best to focus on one problem at at time. May I advice starting by cleaning up after that tornado
    Last edited by anon; 05-29-2022 at 01:18 PM. Reason: (Created with voice input) Do your best mega bite me cent pie
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. Lounge   -   #24
    My actual father was exactly that-- such a bad example that I used him as a blueprint for what NOT to be. So sorry to hear you got a bad one, too. If he's everything you aren't, that's certainly someone who deserves no respect whatsoever.

As always, you have just the right words. Thank you, my friend!
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Coincidence. I just had and mri and a DAT scan for parkinsons. God am I lucky that I don't have it. But they just can't pinpoint why I'm getting these trermors.

I hope you're doing well, Meg.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Coincidence. I just had and mri and a DAT scan for parkinsons. God am I lucky that I don't have it. But they just can't pinpoint why I'm getting these trermors.

Hope you're okay, but I have heard such symptoms are among those experienced by some who suffer Long-Covid, insofar as it is still a somewhat amorphous term.

I had a bit of that my last go-'round - had tremors the first time, not the last.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #27
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    But they just can't pinpoint why I'm getting these trermors.
    Have the doctors checked for giant subterranean worms?
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Lounge   -   #28

Man, so sorry to hear you are going through that. Hope they find something easy to solve soon.

This also brings up the problem with a fair and just God. Why would a good man like you suffer health problems when someone like Idol would go without severe damnation? "What about his rotting genitals and leaking anal cavity?", you ask. Those are simply consequences from years of depravity and man whoring, not the empty darkness of his soul.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Laugh and the world laughs with you; whine and you whine alone, whiner.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Speaking of God's chosen people, I wonder where shay is?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast