Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sort of back but completely dead.

Safe yes, well, not so much, just got out of hospital with 2 surgeries, type 2, haven't looked after myself at all, heel ulcer, got infected, could have lost my right foot 3 weeks ago, waiting for plastic surgeon surgerie. Wake up call though as I can't walk much at all.

I got 22 months suspended for 18 months, 240 hours community service (which I can't do as above) 32 hours regab which is crap and struggling with) £1000 Court costs which I can't pay, as 1: Its not live 2: I'm skint as fuck ��.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoi2 View Post
    heel ulcer, got infected, could have lost my right foot 3 weeks ago
    Sounds horrible and I'm so pleased it didn't come to that. Without our health we really are nothing.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    oh! It is a separate email I use for this kind of "activities" and that I don't pay much attention to I never saw an email of yours... Like, a lot of dumb kids were trying to "dox" me back in the day, and I always knew how to not leave a significant online footprint. I remember you were quite a level minded guy and much more mature and realistic about your activities than the average kid who mostly inhabitates the trackers ecosystem, and where it could lead you to. It's a fucking shame that out of so many trackers run by very shady personas, they went after you.
    I'm really curious, why or what triggered them to specifically target you and BCG, a niche site? There were (and are) much bigger sites for the authorities to chase.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    There were (and are) much bigger sites for the authorities to chase.

Paypal(Paper Trail to his bank account) mixed with location(UK)

The main reason places such as www.iptorrents.com, taunt authorities, and allow anyone to signup with 'donation' since they are based out of Russia.

Pcjnet thought it wasn't a good idea to use paypal for torrent sites back in the day, prior to BCG being taken down.

https://www.reddit.com/r/trackers/co...mment/cvw3z9o/
    Last edited by EyeCandy; 06-20-2022 at 08:21 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    oh! It is a separate email I use for this kind of "activities" and that I don't pay much attention to I never saw an email of yours...
    I sent at least two, one from a @ml1.net address with my name on it, another from a Hotmail where the username ends in 6. The first might have been dropped silently due to the weird domain (not to mention Fastmail has closed all free accounts since), but I was hoping the second would get through. In any case, these posts prove you're not dead, so no worries

I'm really curious, why or what triggered them to specifically target you and BCG, a niche site? There were (and are) much bigger sites for the authorities to chase.
    All private trackers are protected to some extent by the fact public ones are bigger, lower hanging fruit that's easier to pick. Under normal circumstances, the choice between an invite-only site with a member count in the low five digits and a public one with literally millions of users is obvious. However, my guess is that (as EyeCandy pointed out) at some point British cops noticed BCG's proverbial Achilles' heel and wanted to "make an example" out of it, as they'd already done with ScT and OiNK.

With that said, I hope no one's delusional enough to think today's top trackers are impenetrable armored fortresses. The 2007 MediaDefender leak clearly proved otherwise, and if anything, their budget and motivation is even greater now.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeCandy View Post
    The main reason places such as www.iptorrents.com, taunt authorities, and allow anyone to signup with 'donation' since they are based out of Russia.
    You know, to this day I'm amazed by how despite their massive size, operational costs and frequent open signups, TL has had zero legal trouble that I can remember, not even a domain seizure. They must be based out of Mars

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    brento's Avatar Poster
    what the hell is going on with this filesharing in general, it all seems to have died a miserable death.
    you base this off what exactly?

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    On a sidenote, are you in touch with any of your former staff? regs, Cirno, altinertia et al.? I remember the last one as the technical mastermind behind the SP system, which was ahead of its time (though some complained about the restrictions on partial seeding).

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by brento View Post
    what the hell is going on with this filesharing in general, it all seems to have died a miserable death.

Probably cause this site is a shell of it's former self.

Like, you realize the news articles on the front page are news articles from 2016?

He didn't make the transition to reddit like everyone else did...

Edit: Man, your last post was in 2016.......you are exactly what Stoi was talking about.
    Last edited by EyeCandy; 06-24-2022 at 04:54 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeCandy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brento View Post

Probably cause this site is a shell of it's former self.
    Anything that has ever existed is a shell of it's former self.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Sorry to hear about your health troubles. I would be drinking and that too, im a little like that. I just happened to see your name and theres not much one can say really, but I wish you well with the surgery and speedy recovery.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast