Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sort of back but completely dead.

Pic on sign up is completely shit, I've give up loads and even this time it took me 50 refreshes to even see the stupid thing.

Yes I am stoi and no, blackcats is never coming back, I got arrested 5 years ago, I went to court twice in London, 400 mile journey (there and back) last year, I pleaded guilty but didn't get sent to prison, thank god. I don't even own a PC, so I haven't used any filesharing since I got arrested, coppers took everything and destroyed it after the case

I'm not saying don't do it, go for it, just far to risky for me.

Anyway, only joined and posted this as I'm a bit pissed tonight, but what the hell is going on with this forum and filesharing in general, it all seems to have died a miserable death.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Wow! So glad to hear from you again, especially the part about dodging a lengthy stay at a government hotel No one seemed to know anything after the 2016 bust (not even pjcnet whom as I recall was also arrested), which made the whole thing even more worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoi2 View Post
    what the hell is going on with this forum and filesharing in general, it all seems to have died a miserable death.
    Everyone's on Reddit and Telegram now By the way, check out https://filesharingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=460179 if you want to recover your original account.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Pjcnet was with me in the Dock, 1st time I've ever met him, he got slightly less than I did but neither of us got time at her majesty's pleasure.

I will check that link out soon, but I lost my sign up email when I had to hand it over to the police, but will still check it out soon. Thanks.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Okay, I am intrigued now (or maybe just plain nosy): What's the tl;dr on this story?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Pjcnet was with me in the Dock, 1st time I've ever met him, he got slightly less than I did but neither of us got time at her majesty's pleasure.
    Interesting; I don't recall him mentioning this anywhere, but perhaps it was better to be discreet (or I just missed that particular comment).

I will check that link out soon, but I lost my sign up email when I had to hand it over to the police, but will still check it out soon. Thanks.
    Making a note to keep my offline backups hidden under a floorboard or something just in case...

Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    Okay, I am intrigued now (or maybe just plain nosy): What's the tl;dr on this story?
    Search this forum or /r/trackers for Blackcats Games a.k.a. BCG. The impact was such that TorrentFreak reported on it (when they rarely pay attention to private trackers) and GGn (then a second-rate alternative) considered shutting down just to avoid trouble.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post

You've been around the torrent scene for 10+ years, how you not know who or what Blackcats-Games/Stoi is?

Pretty sure they are the reason, torrent sites no longer take paypal as a donation method.

got slightly less than I did but neither of us got time at her majesty's pleasure.

Got slightly less, but neither of you guys got time.....So, you got some form of UK/British probation and it's over?
    Last edited by EyeCandy; 06-19-2022 at 08:32 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeCandy View Post
    You've been around the torrent scene for 10+ years, how you not know who or what Blackcats-Games/Stoi is?
    I've been around the newsgroups for more years than I care to admit, but I never got into torrents, so forgive my ignorance.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Personally I thought stoi was some sort of a greeting, like "Stoi you doing?".
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-19-2022 at 09:39 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Glad to see you are well and free mate. The BCG shutdown was one of the most serious blows at piracy at its time, and we were all concerned by your sudden disappearance.
    Your work will forever hold a place in many torrenter's hearts, feel glad about it and live fully, my dear brit.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeCandy View Post
    Pretty sure they are the reason, torrent sites no longer take paypal as a donation method.
    What.cd had already dropped PayPal several years ago at the time, as had others. Hoping your account was never locked due to "suspicious activity" or someone accidentally (or intentionally) reporting you wasn't very nice, and the cryptocurrency boom created safer ways to receive donations. Pretty sure BCG's bust was the final nail on the coffin, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Glad to see you are well and free mate.
    Same for you! I tried to get in touch via e-mail after you went inactive (it was a Yahoo address) just to know what's up, but never got any response

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast