Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game ROMs

Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    For someone who moved from the original Pong to an Atari 2600 and then from a Commodore 64 straight to the PC all that means nothing...

You could have started with the Vic-20 as I did.

Yeah, any version of Metal Gear was the shite back then.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

2. Games   -   #12
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    You are both making me feel young: ColecoVision, C64
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Games   -   #13
    For someone who moved from the original Pong to an Atari 2600 and then from a Commodore 64 straight to the PC
    Well, without darkness (the Atari port of Pac-Man) there can be no light (Gyroscope).

all that means nothing...
    Then now's your chance to make it mean something

The RP2+ is really good at handling N64 ROMs, so I guess I finally get to play Golden Eye.
    I have very limited experience with the Nintendo 64, but Mario 64 is basically its killer app, and Doom had an excellent port which surpasses the original in every aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    Yeah, any version of Metal Gear was the shite back then.
    Excellent game, but its non-linear structure (you could get card #4 before #1) and large amounts of backtracking made it so difficult. I never completed it back then, and wouldn't learn how it ended and who the enemy commander was until much later in life
    Last edited by anon; 07-26-2022 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. Games   -   #14
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Hah! My neighbor had one and I got to borrow it every so often before I got the C64. Spent hours typing in BASIC listings out of some book or magazine. Of course I did not have any way to save those files, so the next time around you'd start all over again.

Skipped the datasette on the C64 though and jumped straight to the 1541.

5. Games   -   #15
    Ugh. Bitter memories of not having a certain 32 KB expansion cartridge are surfacing now...

6. Games   -   #16
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Idiots. Stuffs is better now.
    It's like, once there was the Beatles but then Arianna Grande came along and we realized what a pile of stinking feces the Fab Four actually were.
    Anyway, when in Rom do as the Romulans do I guess, geezers.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 07-26-2022 at 10:47 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. Games   -   #17
    If Idol was a car, he would have no brakes and a really loud horn. Besides, some of us still remember your posts about the Apple IIc's greatness

Where's Gribley, he would have interesting input to offer here
    Last edited by anon; 07-27-2022 at 06:52 AM.

8. Games   -   #18
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Brakes are for cowards. You should only stop when you run of of gas, hit something immovable or drive of a cliff and explode in a glorious fireball of patriotism... or in the case of bicycles, when you crash into the back of a car that suddenly stopped in front of you because it ran out of gas.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. Games   -   #19
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Hah! My neighbor had one and I got to borrow it every so often before I got the C64. Spent hours typing in BASIC listings out of some book or magazine. Of course I did not have any way to save those files, so the next time around you'd start all over again.

Skipped the datasette on the C64 though and jumped straight to the 1541.
    I typed those games in from the last pages of the Commodore magazine. Most of them didn't even run properly!
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Games   -   #20
    or in the case of bicycles, when you crash into the back of a car that suddenly stopped in front of you because it ran out of gas.
    Running out of gas doesn't work that way, Calvin's dad.

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I typed those games in from the last pages of the Commodore magazine. Most of them didn't even run properly!
    Not enough RAM for large DIM arrays? No support for all plot instructions? No game for you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast