Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How Is This Possible?

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i was at microcenter on black friday, and they had a water cooled clear mid tower set up with p4 3.0 (not oced) with a radeon 9800 (non pro). i ran the 3dmark03 they had installed, and it got 2089. i just ran 3dmark03 on my rig, and i got 2583. wtf? how can a 9600 not oced beat a 9800?

btw, my rig is in my sig

and all the settings were the same on both pcs. no aliasing or anything. and double framrate thingy. still, i somehow beat a 9800. wow

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    they had lots of otherthings running?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by Kunal@6 December 2003 - 17:56
    they had lots of otherthings running?
    they had nothing running

ok, when i first when there, they had the gargoyle clock thing running, but i turned it off to do the benchmark

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    crap ram?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Kunal@6 December 2003 - 17:58
    crap ram?
    no ram is crappier than my infineon. it's the crappiest ram u can buy

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    you ran the test wrong? well it is abu after all j/k (sorry thats the best i can come up with now! )

they could have had less or slower ram then you

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    3dmark03 is more a test of graphics card performance and the ram has very little to do with it the score compared to 3dmark2001.....it could be possible that the settings for the card were at full with aa and af at max....this would decrese the score...scores ppl usually state for this benchmark are taken for 3d03 with aa and af switched off

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by john_malkie2010@6 December 2003 - 18:09
    3dmark03 is more a test of graphics card performance and the ram has very little to do with it the score compared to 3dmark2001.....it could be possible that the settings for the card were at full with aa and af at max....this would decrese the score...scores ppl usually state for this benchmark are taken for 3d03 with aa and af switched off
    i said up there that aa was turned off and it was same settings as mine. i checked the settings before i ran the bench on the 9800 comp

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    did u check in the ati control panel cos that is where u will find the settings which force aa and af....even if u disable aa in 3dmark, if it is enabled in the ati control panel then 3dmark will use it and ur score will suffer

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    better mobo, better hdd? just thinking of things u could have...restart lately?

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast