Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Shared Folder

  1. #1
    sapphirejmk56
    Guest
    Hi everyone, Just have a simple question about the Shared Folder. I looked everywhere but couldn't find an answer to this one.
    I am sharing my files but in K++ Options I have the box checked that says "Users can't get a list of all your shared files". I would really like to uncheck the box but I am afraid that if I do my computer may be open to viruses, etc. My system is running Norton Internet Security and Norton Anti-Virus.
    Can I safely uncheck the box and open up my entire Shared Folder? Thanks!
    sapphirejmk56

  2. File Sharing   -   #2
    lol...3 words...dont use kazaa!! its good for somethings but most of the time it sucks...

    start exploring other p2p, like bitorrent,emule,direct connect,mirc

  3. File Sharing   -   #3
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    11,082
    unticking it wont do anything but raise the chance to get cuaght by the RIAA. There is not reason to untick it.

  4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    On the Throne of Hopeless
    Age
    32
    Posts
    823
    Originally posted by sapphirejmk56@7 December 2003 - 00:14
    (...)I have the box checked that says "Users can't get a list of all your shared files". I would really like to uncheck the box(...)
    It means that users can't get a list of your shared files, you still share them though. As Agent Smith said, it's due to security reasons.

  5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@6 December 2003 - 23:31
    lol...3 words...dont use kazaa!! its good for somethings but most of the time it sucks...

    start exploring other p2p, like bitorrent,emule,direct connect,mirc
    lol!
    this is a fucking kazaa lite forum!

  6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,012
    Originally posted by Atumn Fox@7 December 2003 - 07:10
    It means that users can't get a list of your shared files, you still share them though. As Agent Smith said, it's due to security reasons.
    Only if you're online. Don't untick it.

  7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Central California
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,200
    Originally posted by morpheus 1.0+6 December 2003 - 16:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (morpheus 1.0 @ 6 December 2003 - 16:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheFilePirater@6 December 2003 - 23:31
    lol...3 words...dont use kazaa&#33;&#33; its good for somethings but most of the time it sucks...

    start exploring other p2p, like bitorrent,emule,direct connect,mirc
    lol&#33;
    this is a fucking kazaa lite forum&#33; [/b][/quote]
    So?


    Does this only mean we can discuss Kazaa Lite?

  8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,605
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@6 December 2003 - 19:31
    lol...3 words...dont use kazaa&#33;&#33; its good for somethings but most of the time it sucks...

    start exploring other p2p, like bitorrent,emule,direct connect,mirc
    and would you explain to us how that fixes a klite problem???

  9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Hello All

    I want to thank all the people who do allow there shared folders to be veiwed... I&#39;ve gotten turned on to really great bands I may not have ever heard of otherwise... I can grab a track and check it out... I&#39;m also listening to music I forgot existed... Like Foreigner

    Getting live tracks that the record industry refuses to share... If there was a better standard for keywords you might be able to search easier... If a user is into something your into he might get turned on to something else you like...

    I share files to try to turn people on to different music... I&#39;ve lived in towns where the only place to get a cd was K-mart or Wall-mart... And well good luck finding independent labels there... (and don&#39;t forget censorship)

    I rotate files and keep around 100 apzs, movies and mp3 total... And most of it will never find it&#39;s way to FM....

    Opened or closed...

    Thank you all for sharing&#33;&#33;&#33;

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •