Thread: Shared Folder

sapphirejmk56
    Hi everyone, Just have a simple question about the Shared Folder. I looked everywhere but couldn't find an answer to this one.
    I am sharing my files but in K++ Options I have the box checked that says "Users can't get a list of all your shared files". I would really like to uncheck the box but I am afraid that if I do my computer may be open to viruses, etc. My system is running Norton Internet Security and Norton Anti-Virus.
    Can I safely uncheck the box and open up my entire Shared Folder? Thanks!
    sapphirejmk56

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    lol...3 words...dont use kazaa!! its good for somethings but most of the time it sucks...

start exploring other p2p, like bitorrent,emule,direct connect,mirc

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    unticking it wont do anything but raise the chance to get cuaght by the RIAA. There is not reason to untick it.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by sapphirejmk56@7 December 2003 - 00:14
    (...)I have the box checked that says "Users can't get a list of all your shared files". I would really like to uncheck the box(...)
    It means that users can't get a list of your shared files, you still share them though. As Agent Smith said, it's due to security reasons.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@6 December 2003 - 23:31
    lol...3 words...dont use kazaa!! its good for somethings but most of the time it sucks...

lol!
    this is a fucking kazaa lite forum!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by Atumn Fox@7 December 2003 - 07:10
    It means that users can't get a list of your shared files, you still share them though. As Agent Smith said, it's due to security reasons.
    Only if you're online. Don't untick it.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by morpheus 1.0+6 December 2003 - 16:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (morpheus 1.0 @ 6 December 2003 - 16:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheFilePirater@6 December 2003 - 23:31
    lol...3 words...dont use kazaa&#33;&#33; its good for somethings but most of the time it sucks...

lol&#33;
    this is a fucking kazaa lite forum&#33; [/b][/quote]
    So?

Does this only mean we can discuss Kazaa Lite?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@6 December 2003 - 19:31
    lol...3 words...dont use kazaa&#33;&#33; its good for somethings but most of the time it sucks...

and would you explain to us how that fixes a klite problem???

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Hello All

I want to thank all the people who do allow there shared folders to be veiwed... I&#39;ve gotten turned on to really great bands I may not have ever heard of otherwise... I can grab a track and check it out... I&#39;m also listening to music I forgot existed... Like Foreigner

Getting live tracks that the record industry refuses to share... If there was a better standard for keywords you might be able to search easier... If a user is into something your into he might get turned on to something else you like...

I share files to try to turn people on to different music... I&#39;ve lived in towns where the only place to get a cd was K-mart or Wall-mart... And well good luck finding independent labels there... (and don&#39;t forget censorship)

I rotate files and keep around 100 apzs, movies and mp3 total... And most of it will never find it&#39;s way to FM....

Opened or closed...

Thank you all for sharing&#33;&#33;&#33;