Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Good Temps

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    You're +/-5v look kinda wonky too...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #102
    Poster
    i would check temps in your bios, as speedfan says ive got a 2000c part in my pc

3. Software & Hardware   -   #103
    lynx's Avatar .
    Just a little info about the hdd temp situation.

The documentation for speedfan says he doesn't completely understand the info coming from SMART. Apparently I've got a catastrophic raw read error rate, according to speedfan. But not according to the WD diagnostics.

I would not be surprised to find that similar problems exist in his interpretation of the temp reported by the hdd, since I believe this also comes from the SMART info.

Abu, I suggest you download diagnostics from Maxtor, and see what THEY say the temp is.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #104
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    nvidia guarantees all chips to their maximum threshold (depending on avg temp). max avg threshold is 130°C

funny how, no matter how hot a chip gets, it is never above the threshold!

ATI: 90°C

Matrox: 120°C

nvidia cards produce more heat (explains the higher clocks)

matrox just feels like guaranteeing it that high

ATI should have pushed it higher, as its chips are on the obsolete 150nm scale, and thus, produce more heat (but they dont because ATI knows how to be efficient)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #105
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Just found out (via speedfan) that my fan is no longer spinning and my duron 650 is at 73 degrees centigrade....I think i will be paying a visit to the hardware shop tommorow lol

6. Software & Hardware   -   #106
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by lynx@11 December 2003 - 15:59

The documentation for speedfan says he doesn't completely understand the info coming from SMART. Apparently I've got a catastrophic raw read error rate, according to speedfan. But not according to the WD diagnostics.

I would not be surprised to find that similar problems exist in his interpretation of the temp reported by the hdd, since I believe this also comes from the SMART info.

Abu, I suggest you download diagnostics from Maxtor, and see what THEY say the temp is.
    i can't seem to find the thing on maxtor.com. maybe provide a link lynx?

and btw, here's my temps now (just turned it on)
    http://www.freewebs.com/ihaveabu/newest%20temp.JPG

i'm guessing since everyone's having probs, it might be wrong. but then, the hd prog that clocker gave me gives the same temps

7. Software & Hardware   -   #107
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@11 December 2003 - 02:20
    So lets see, (sorry I stumbled in on this late.)

Abu has Hard drive temps that are supposdly below ambient temp, (which is the temp for the surrounding air.) He claims he is getting this, by having hard drive coolings fans, blow that ambient temperature, onto his hard drive.

Essentially , by blowing ambient air onto his hard drive, he has attained a temperature below ambient.....

Abu, if I may ask, what are your thoughts on perpetual motion?

Serious though, either the temp sensor is wrong, OR, that prog u have is reading the wrong sensors, for instance, the motherboard temp shown could easily be a power supply temp, and the Hard drive temp could thus be the motherboard temp.

now, if that were true, I could believe all the temps, but thats just rediclious how it looks now.
    hello

This topic is all over the place john what type of case are you using and how many fans? My 2500+ will go that fast but I can't keep it under 60C at full load? I know amd says your safe up to 90 but over sixty things start crashin...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #108
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Progs shouldnt really start crashing at X temperature, but i think maybe it might just freeze at a certain point.

And also, I have one 2300RPM intake on the lower front of my case, one LED 2700 Exhaust in the back, and stock AMD cooling HS/F. And the PSU fan of course.

Also, I am using some thermal paste that I got from my dad. ^_^ He is a food service technician. *works at restaurants fixing equipment, so he had some lying around.

It never goes above 60 now.

Crappy webcam pic of it, its a bit dark in here.

@ Abu Thanks for showing that freeweb pic, looks like a good place to host pics, how is your expereince with it?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #109
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@11 December 2003 - 18:55
    Progs shouldnt really start crashing at X temperature, but i think maybe it might just freeze at a certain point.

And also, I have one 2300RPM intake on the lower front of my case, one LED 2700 Exhaust in the back, and stock AMD cooling HS/F. And the PSU fan of course.

Also, I am using some thermal paste that I got from my dad. ^_^ He is a food service technician. *works at restaurants fixing equipment, so he had some lying around.

It never goes above 60 now.

Crappy webcam pic of it, its a bit dark in here.

@ Abu Thanks for showing that freeweb pic, looks like a good place to host pics, how is your expereince with it?
    so far so good. kinda slow when downloading something big, but it's a reliable pic hoster

10. Software & Hardware   -   #110
    Originally posted by lynx@11 December 2003 - 15:59

hey lynx, think u can give me the link to this maxtor temp reader? i can't find it on their site

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast