Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Thread: Good Temps

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@11 December 2003 - 15:50

i'm guessing since everyone's having probs, it might be wrong. but then, the hd prog that clocker gave me gives the same temps
    Abu, I don't think that the programs are at fault.
    I believe that you cooler rig is artificially affecting whatever component that SMART is using to monitor the temps.
    The programs are correctly reporting flawed sensor input.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #112
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by clocker+11 December 2003 - 20:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 11 December 2003 - 20:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@11 December 2003 - 15:50

i&#39;m guessing since everyone&#39;s having probs, it might be wrong. but then, the hd prog that clocker gave me gives the same temps
    Abu, I don&#39;t think that the programs are at fault.
    I believe that you cooler rig is artificially affecting whatever component that SMART is using to monitor the temps.
    The programs are correctly reporting flawed sensor input. [/b][/quote]
    well, if u mean that the fans are blowing rite on the sensor, wouldn&#39;t that mean the they&#39;re blowing ambient air of 25C?

if they&#39;re blowing ambient air to the sensor, wouldn&#39;t that make the temp high? plus, this is a new hd, so i doubt the sensor is broken. as i said b4, i put my hand on it, and it&#39;s pretty cold. colder than the room temp for sure

3. Software & Hardware   -   #113
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+12 December 2003 - 00:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 12 December 2003 - 00:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lynx@11 December 2003 - 15:59
    Just a little info about the hdd temp situation.

The documentation for speedfan says he doesn&#39;t completely understand the info coming from SMART. Apparently I&#39;ve got a catastrophic raw read error rate, according to speedfan. But not according to the WD diagnostics.

I would not be surprised to find that similar problems exist in his interpretation of the temp reported by the hdd, since I believe this also comes from the SMART info.

Abu, I suggest you download diagnostics from Maxtor, and see what THEY say the temp is.
    hey lynx, think u can give me the link to this maxtor temp reader? i can&#39;t find it on their site [/b][/quote]
    You&#39;ll notice i said I&#39;ve got a WD drive.

I looked on Maxtor&#39;s site and found - nothing. What&#39;s the point of having a drive with these extra capabilities and then giving you no software to use them?

Another reason to buy/avoid a particular manufacturer - look at their support.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #114
    Originally posted by lynx+12 December 2003 - 09:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 12 December 2003 - 09:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@12 December 2003 - 00:26
    <!--QuoteBegin-lynx
    @11 December 2003 - 15:59
    Just a little info about the hdd temp situation.

The documentation for speedfan says he doesn&#39;t completely understand the info coming from SMART. Apparently I&#39;ve got a catastrophic raw read error rate, according to speedfan. But not according to the WD diagnostics.

I would not be surprised to find that similar problems exist in his interpretation of the temp reported by the hdd, since I believe this also comes from the SMART info.

Abu, I suggest you download diagnostics from Maxtor, and see what THEY say the temp is.

hey lynx, think u can give me the link to this maxtor temp reader? i can&#39;t find it on their site
    You&#39;ll notice i said I&#39;ve got a WD drive.

I looked on Maxtor&#39;s site and found - nothing. What&#39;s the point of having a drive with these extra capabilities and then giving you no software to use them?

Another reason to buy/avoid a particular manufacturer - look at their support. [/b][/quote]
    ok. my next pc will be a seagate or wd for sure. but i&#39;ll still keep this. so i&#39;d have hmm..., 2 120gb and a 30gb. and maybe another 120gb. i&#39;ll need ot get a raid controller for 4 hds

5. Software & Hardware   -   #115
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Abu, you may be interested in this.
    It just so happens that I have a HDD cooler very similar to yours.
    Weeks ago I had modified it to accept a 80mm fan on a 80 to 60mm fan adaptor.
    So it now has one 50mm fan and one 80mm fan.
    As installed, it is pulling fresh exterior air through the case floor.
    I also left the heatpipe cooler in place where any heat rising off of it is evacuated by the two front casefans.
    Like so...

Ambient case temp is 26.1C

Odd, eh?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #116
    even more odd:

http://www.freewebs.com/ihaveabu/newest%20temp.JPG

guess i was wrong. but rite now, my room temp is 20C

7. Software & Hardware   -   #117
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    What is it with this obsession to cool down your HD?

Without any extra cooling than normal case airflow, my drive(s) run around 28C.

Aren&#39;t you just making more noise and adding more load to the PS for nothing?

Well actually 28.172 C.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #118
    this is really amazing. i&#39;m flabergasted (love that word )
    http://www.freewebs.com/ihaveabu/amazing%20temps.JPG

and no, i didn&#39;t edit the pic. but i&#39;m amazed too. but my room is freezing. it&#39;s like 15-20C in here. brrrrr...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #119
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Okay, I think I just noticed something.

The motherboard is 27C.
    The Hard drive is 10C.

Guess what?

ITS RAINING IN YOUR CASE.

I mean honestly, shouldnt a person with temps that different be getting some kind of condensation in there or something?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112