Thread: Is There A Way To Open New Window Of Ie

BANNED
    ok...when you hold shift and click a link, a new window opens....but it always opens windowed....not maximized.....

is there a way around this? and yes, i know about applying to all windows the thing about the status bar, etc..... but this is different.

anyone?
    thx

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    i think if you enlarge your windows to the fullest you can, and keep doing it for a bit, they will open that size, but i think its imposs, from what i remember of using IE....damn MS
    <insert signature here>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    I have XP and IE6.0.28 and it always re-opens to the size it was at when last closed.

There is a setting for windows to remember each folder&#39;s view settings on the View tab of Folder Options, which may help.
    If it doesn&#39;t, you could try re-sizing to full screen size, then holding the Shift key while closing IE using the X button in the top corner.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    # Open a single Internet Explorer window to the smaller size.
    # Drag the corners of the window until it completely fills the screen. Do not use the maximize button to enlarge the window.
    # Hold down the Ctrl key, keep it depressed, and using the mouse click File and then Exit on the menu bar. Do not use the "X" in the upper right corner to close the window.
    # Internet Explorer should now open in a full window.
    # If it still opens to a smaller size repeat the above instructions, substituting the "Shift" key for the "Ctrl" key.

http://www.theeldergeek.com/maximize...t_explorer.htm

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Like the above says, just to add make sure that you use the Icon for IE from your desktop, not a quicklaunch button or any other variation, and that you only have that one window open.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Hit F11.