Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Xp

I have always used win98 or win98se. My friends all have xp but they are getting there pc's from rent a center type places. LOL , so they do not have the software untill they make there final payments.
    Anyways. I want to use xp. I am new to bittorent, got it like 20 minutes ago and havent used it yet.
    I searched for xp on suprnova and got alot of results. The most popular was called
    "Windows Xp Media Center Edition 5 In 1 iso"

1. What does ISO stand for ?
    2. Is this what I want or should I get XP from kazaalite++ ?
    3. I've never tried it before because I thought it was hard to have a cracked version. Can someone tell me exactly what I need ?

Thanks alot for any help.

Ps, my old username was ZOP, I forgot the password and cant get it mailed to me because I dont have that email address anymore.

GHOULARDI

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=26555&hl=

Ok, sorry. Just found the pinned topic for this.

I still dont know what ISO is though, hehe

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    a file which is a clone of a cd. Should be burned to a cd to install, but does not nessacarly need to be.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    You don't want the media center. It's crap. Some of it is no longer supported and some won't work unless you have the hardware for it. (remote control, TV tuner, etc)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Ok thanks guys. I'll stay away from the media center. I am getting ready to search for Lamseys version ( he sais is the best ) of XP on kazaa. Now I know what an iso is , so when I go to burn it, if I ever find it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I just read this post from scruge

The real issue is how much pc power it takes to run XP.

I installed it on a celeron 500mhz 128mb running win98 and it brought the system to its knees.  I've since switched the system back to Win98.

I don't recommend running XP on anything less than a 1400mhz with 256-512mb memory. "

SO I dont think I will be installing XP now. I supose I will just stick with 98SE since I am running 800 mhz and only 126 ram.

What about Another OS besides 98 and xp. Any suggestions for my system. I have heard both good and bad about windows 2000. I guess I am just tired of 98.

Thanks

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    98 is great for one main reason, you can easily change your key in registry. its a hassle to do it in XP

The good thing about changing your key in 98 is. many shareware programs will give you a new 30 if you just change your key

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    My friend installed XP Pro Corporate on a Compaq 550Mhz Celeron 256K and it runs perfect

Heres what MS recommends
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/how...ing/sysreqs.asp

"Here's What You Need to Use Windows XP Professional

PC with 300 megahertz or higher processor clock speed recommended; 233 MHz minimum required (single or dual processor system);* Intel Pentium/ Celeron family, or AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended
    128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended (64 MB minimum supported; may limit performance and some features)
    1.5 gigabytes (GB) of available hard disk space*
    Super VGA (800 × 600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor
    CD-ROM or DVD drive
    Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device"

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Global Media Trader

Thanks. I think you changed my mind back to xp.
    By the way, how did ya get yours? Was it the one with the
    intergrated service pack that Lamsey talks about in the pinned
    xp topic?

Ghoulardi

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by ghoulardi@6 December 2003 - 08:06
    Global Media Trader

Thanks. I think you changed my mind back to xp.
    By the way, how did ya get yours? Was it the one with the
    intergrated service pack that Lamsey talks about in the pinned
    xp topic?

Ghoulardi
    My friend got his from eMule/Sharereator. its XP Pro Corporate. if you need SP1 you can get in numerous ways

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast