Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make Being A Supernode Default Setting.

We must make the Kazaa lite installer set Being a Supernode a default setting. Maybe we can be a network on our own and because mostly computer savvy people are using K- Lite we will have better quality files.
    *update*
    Sorry that not what i meant.
    I meant to have "Do not function as a SuperNode" box uncheck by default

we must save Kazaa lite. everybody share it. mirror it somewere.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    I totally agree. I posted a similar idea a while back. I think the problem is you never know when a supernode will go offline.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    i wouldn t want to do that because do you really want a person on dial up being your supernode

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    From FAQ:
    (...)Any computer using Kazaa (Lite) can become a Supernode if they have a modern computer and are accessing the Internet with a broadband connection. Being a Supernode does not affect your performance noticeably.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    sir_blupsalot
    The only way to do this efficiently is to make a program that connects to some central server (or GWebCaches), automatically chooses which K-Lite users are able to become supernodes, force the K++ client to be a supernode, then send the IP address to the webcache for other users to find and connect.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    There is no central server in kazaa, and if im not mistaking, being a supernode is the default setting.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by sirhumpalot1996@7 December 2003 - 13:26
    i wouldn t want to do that because do you really want a person on dial up being your supernode
    I agree with this, i can easyly make an installer that changes the registry to make everyone a supernode. If a 56k user became a supernode it would slow everything down.

We just need to past the word around that broadband users need to become supernodes to save kazaa lite.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by Agent Smith+9 December 2003 - 22:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agent Smith @ 9 December 2003 - 22:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sirhumpalot1996@7 December 2003 - 13:26
    i wouldn t want to do that because do you really want a person on dial up being your supernode&nbsp;
    I agree with this, i can easyly make an installer that changes the registry to make everyone a supernode. If a 56k user became a supernode it would slow everything down.

We just need to past the word around that broadband users need to become supernodes to save kazaa lite. [/b][/quote]
    Even if you force a supernode on an unsuitable machine the rest of the network will reject it, so this isn&#39;t a problem.

There&#39;s inbuilt criteria on supernodes to make sure they are suitable, those on dialup will never be able to be supernodes.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    true_neo's Avatar The Dark Lord Revan
    Originally posted by Atumn Fox@8 December 2003 - 03:20
    From FAQ:
    (...)Any computer using Kazaa (Lite) can become a Supernode if they have a modern computer and are accessing the Internet with a broadband connection. Being a Supernode does not affect your performance noticeably.
    Sheesh... read his post&#33;
    It clearly says that 56k&#39;ers dont become SN&#39;s&#33; And if a 56k&#39;er fucks up cos he cant read Agent Smiths post saying "56k&#39;ers DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS" (a future post for that installer ) deserves what they get.
    Sage goes in the signature field.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    tothbenedek's Avatar Poster
    Maybe it&#39;s a stupid idea, but what about making a standalon supernode prg. and an installer, which set it as screensaver (or run in the back&#39; when computer is idle) I think it would be a great idea...

Where can I download a standalone supernode prg? (without client) (are there any?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast