Thread: Lost Download

I had just reinstalled k-lite. I changed the name of myshared folder,
    Just incase, so I wouldnt loose any of my downloads.
    After installing, I changed it back. When I started k-lite my files were still
    there and started downloading. After one completed, I looked and it was gone.
    As soon as it went from .dat to .exe it dissapeared. So I shut K-lite down to find it. But I cant. I have R-studio fat to restore it. Where do they go in Nirvana?

Any Help.
    I have been searching through the posts and cant find a solution yet.

Thanks

Ghoulardi

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Just restore the name of My Share Folder so you'll not having any problem again. You're d/loaded files will not be lost in that folder. Don't worry!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Ok, thanks there buddy. Only problem now is that it dont help. I'm asking how to recover a download. I downloaded SoundForge6.0 on a dial up modem. A pretty big program. My top speed is 5 kb and it took forever. I need to recover it. I have had this problem before with pictures and mp3s, they are still .dat files till they finish, then where the hell do they go.?
    I renamed the folder from "my shared folder" to "my shared folder1" while I uninstalled and reinstalled k-lie. That way I wold not have this problem.
    They finish downoaldng just fine, but then they dissapear.

Thanks

Ghoulardi

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    You must have an Undelete program or Easy Recovery Professional to salvage your files that are missing. Make sure you're not writing or putting new applications in your hard drive or else.... you know.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    ok
    You must have an Undelete program or Easy Recovery Professional to salvage your files
    I have one

I have R-studio fat to restore it. Where do they go in Nirvana?
    Where are the files??????????

Ghoulardi

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Perhaps, they're gone!

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by ghoulardi@7 December 2003 - 03:35
    I had just reinstalled k-lite. I changed the name of myshared folder,
    Just incase, so I wouldnt loose any of my downloads.
    After installing, I changed it back. When I started k-lite my files were still
    there and started downloading. After one completed, I looked and it was gone.
    As soon as it went from .dat to .exe it dissapeared. So I shut K-lite down to find it. But I cant. I have R-studio fat to restore it. Where do they go in Nirvana?

Any Help.
    I have been searching through the posts and cant find a solution yet.

Thanks

Ghoulardi
    if you changed your shared folder you dat files will disappear because the have the path of the old shared folder, i belive if you put the old shared folder back you should see them in there

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    I'm on the side of Musle, well what can you do, is just say pshaw!

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@7 December 2003 - 18:56

if you changed your shared folder you dat files will disappear because the have the path of the old shared folder, i belive if you put the old shared folder back you should see them in there
    But according to him, the files cannot be traced anymore.