Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is This The ;ast We Are Going To See Of K-lite :(

lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by nigel123@7 December 2003 - 18:26
    @ scribblec, kazaa 2.6 has a loader now (made by rn), so its pretty clean now as no dlls are loaded and no spyware is needed for it to work

Made by RN? Kunal, Are you insinuating that RN or Random_Nut is working for Sharman? If not how did Sharman get hold of it?!!!
    He means RN has written a loader which cuts out a lot of the other crap which comes with KMD 2.6 (such as gator). All you need is to drop the Kazaa.exe from KMD 2.6 and the new klr.exe into your existing K++ program folder, and run klr.exe
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Originally posted by lynx@7 December 2003 - 21:03
    All you need is to drop the Kazaa.exe from KMD 2.6 and the new klr.exe into your existing K++ program folder, and run klr.exe
    Unfortunately - it crashes under Win 98

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Lots of things crash under Win 98, thats why ppl upgraded to Win 2K/XP

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Originally posted by iSE@8 December 2003 - 01:42
    Lots of things crash under Win 98, thats why ppl upgraded to Win 2K/XP
    Well, did you try them on PII 400MHZ ? Yes, some of us still have those slow machines...
    I hope someone will adopt the loader to Win98 !

5. Lounge   -   #35
    i never upgrade my kazaa. i dont see the point of it. so i guess its all good for me

6. Lounge   -   #36
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by shinzuiski@8 December 2003 - 08:04
    i never upgrade my kazaa. i dont see the point of it. so i guess its all good for me
    you use normale kazaa

7. Lounge   -   #37
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Originally posted by SnnY@7 December 2003 - 16:28
    Can't we clean KaZAaA ourselves?

It's been done before.

Thataway, we could download Sharman's latest stuff and still use it as K-Lite.

We'd need dummy-files though, to make it as simple as possible, but that's all we'd need to download. We could have a K-lite mod-pack or something, instead of a full proggie.
    yes, you can snny. i have never installed k-lite once the whole time i've been posting on this forum. i use the dummy cydoor file from www.cexx.org , the relevant html page is www.cexx.org/neuter.htm. the one that talks about cydoor is www.cexx.org/cydoor.htm.basically, just remember to stick with an old version of kazaa. i use kazaa2.11

here is what i do:

first i install regular kazaa2.11 , immediately clease all the spy crap completely except cydoor.

install the dope wars update available from cexx. here is a direct download, WARNING! do NOT click this link unless you want to download the update
    dope wars link

ok the update supposedly installs the dummy cydoor file to your computer, so kazaa still works, but no ads. i never get any pop up ads with kazaa.

enjoy!

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    i use kazaa lite, but i dont see the point in putting the lite part at the end since its the same damn program.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Originally posted by shinzuiski@8 December 2003 - 13:40
    i use kazaa lite, but i dont see the point in putting the lite part at the end since its the same damn program.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by MediaSlayer+8 December 2003 - 06:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MediaSlayer &#064; 8 December 2003 - 06:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SnnY@7 December 2003 - 16:28
    Can&#39;t we clean KaZAaA ourselves?

It&#39;s been done before.

Thataway, we could download Sharman&#39;s latest stuff and still use it as K-Lite.

We&#39;d need dummy-files though, to make it as simple as possible, but that&#39;s all we&#39;d need to download. We could have a K-lite mod-pack or something, instead of a full proggie.&nbsp;
    yes, you can snny. i have never installed k-lite once the whole time i&#39;ve been posting on this forum. i use the dummy cydoor file from www.cexx.org , the relevant html page is www.cexx.org/neuter.htm. the one that talks about cydoor is www.cexx.org/cydoor.htm.basically, just remember to stick with an old version of kazaa. i use kazaa2.11

here is what i do:

first i install regular kazaa2.11 , immediately clease all the spy crap completely except cydoor.

install the dope wars update available from cexx. here is a direct download, WARNING&#33; do NOT click this link unless you want to download the update
    dope wars link

ok the update supposedly installs the dummy cydoor file to your computer, so kazaa still works, but no ads. i never get any pop up ads with kazaa.

enjoy&#33; [/b][/quote]
    The dummy clint.dll doesn&#39;t work with the latest kmd.

Edit: and searches are failing on out-of-date versions connected to new version supernodes, which kinda forces everyone to update to kmd2.6.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast