Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is This The ;ast We Are Going To See Of K-lite :(

scribblec's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+7 December 2003 - 16:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 7 December 2003 - 16:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by scribblec@7 December 2003 - 17:23
    <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol
    @7 December 2003 - 16:21
    Forgive the obvious question, but if K+ is spyware and adware free, what&#39;s the problem with using it.

sharman doesn&#39;t like the idea that we are using a program which has no adverts

no adverts means no customers so adverts = money and if everyone is using lite then they get none and become unhappy

they are pulling out all stops to stop this program from actually staying afloat

i will upgrade to 2.6 but wheres the clean version
    Exactly, where&#39;s the clean version that is mentioned in the article.

The effects of this extermination is already taking place, as search times and connection times are deteriorating compared to K+ (the legitimate spyware/adware free version of Kazaa.)
    Is that from Sharman, if so what&#39;s the point. Surely they need the adverts for their business model to work, as you so rightly point out.

I cannot understand why they would produce a spyware/adware free version. There must be something I am missing. [/b][/quote]
    THEY WANT MONEY

MONEY DOES NOT GROW ON TREES

adverts equals money

more adverts more money

no adverts no money

capiece?

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Poster
    I&#39;m talking about

compared to K+ (the legitimate spyware/adware free version of Kazaa.)
    which is in your post and implies that there is a legitimate spyware/adware free version.

I just wondered why they would produce such a thing.

I do understand how advertising generates income, I did mention their business model a few posts ago.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Poster
    @ J&#39;Pol, sharmen produce a ad-free version to make money also, they charge &#036;30 for the privlage...

@ scribblec, kazaa 2.6 has a loader now (made by rn), so its pretty clean now as no dlls are loaded and no spyware is needed for it to work

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by Kunal@7 December 2003 - 18:04
    @ J&#39;Pol, sharmen produce a ad-free version to make money also, they charge &#036;30 for the privlage...

@ scribblec, kazaa 2.6 has a loader now (made by rn), so its pretty clean now as no dlls are loaded and no spyware is needed for it to work
    Thanks for that.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Kunal@7 December 2003 - 17:04

where can i get this 2.6?

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Originally posted by scribblec+7 December 2003 - 17:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (scribblec @ 7 December 2003 - 17:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kunal@7 December 2003 - 17:04

@ scribblec, kazaa 2.6 has a loader now (made by rn), so its pretty clean now as no dlls are loaded and no spyware is needed for it to work&nbsp;
    where can i get this 2.6? [/b][/quote]
    Sharman is a fuckin&#39; liar Kazaa Plus is not really CLEAN

Altnet

Kazaa Plus regularly downloads an index of available Altnet content. This index contains a list of available rights managed files and can in no way alter Kazaa Plus or any other part of your computer. Kazaa Plus downloads this file without collecting any information about you or your computer. When you install Kazaa Plus, you also install the Altnet Peer Points Manager software. Should you wish to participate in the programs offered through the Altnet Peer Points Manager software, you will have to supply information which is governed by the Altnet Privacy Statement. To read the full Altnet Privacy Statement please visit: http://www.altnet.com/privacy/

7. Lounge   -   #27
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1

Made by RN? Kunal, Are you insinuating that RN or Random_Nut is working for Sharman? If not how did Sharman get hold of it?&#33;&#33;&#33;

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Poster
    Everyone Put A Copy Of K-Lite In Your shared Folder Quick And Start Sharin They Can&#39;t Kill A Program Abnd Be A Suprnode Everyone&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Poster
    Originally posted by nigel123@7 December 2003 - 20:26
    Made by RN? Kunal, Are you insinuating that RN or Random_Nut is working for Sharman? If not how did Sharman get hold of it?&#33;&#33;&#33;
    did i say anything of the sort? i said (well meant to) that rn made a loader (similar to k++) that blocks thrid party dll&#39;s etc

Link

10. Lounge   -   #30
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Kunal+7 December 2003 - 19:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kunal @ 7 December 2003 - 19:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nigel123@7 December 2003 - 20:26
    did i say anything of the sort? i said (well meant to) that rn made a loader (similar to k++) that blocks thrid party dll&#39;s etc

Link [/b][/quote]
    Right I have read it and now understand you&#33;

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast