Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: About Kl And The Website

BANNED
    Originally posted by LTJBukem+7 December 2003 - 11:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LTJBukem @ 7 December 2003 - 11:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN@7 December 2003 - 15:41
    so the fasttrack network is dying because of the riaa, we all know that, they are the reason for so many leechers and people are scared to share.

now if we all run to emule like chickens, what are we suppose to do when the riaa comes after emule??? which is exactly what is going to happen as soon as the #s for emule go up.

so we just start jumping around like chickens from one client to another and lose #s as each jump takes place????

i for one am not going to stop using and sharing on klite, i do use other softwares also but i still share on klite and use it for most of my downloads.

i&#39;m not jumping this ship, i have never ran from anything and i&#39;m not about to start now.
    It&#39;s nothing to do with the RIAA, it&#39;s Sharman threatening websites with legal action if they continue to offer KLite for download. You might want to read Paul&#39;s post [/b][/quote]
    you might want to understand klite and the problems we have been having lately before you post, also i have a mind of my own and i know and am smart enough to figure out what is going on, i don&#39;t need to read anybody&#39;s post.

you on the other hand might want to stop reading peoples posts, start reading between the lines and see the whole picture and what is realy going on, the problem with fasttrack network and it dying is not sharman, but riaa, scaring people from sharing, thus good files being hard to find

klite&#39;s problem is sharman, and he is an idiot for doing this right now with the riaa going after kazaa.

the reason paul says fasttrack network is dead is because of lack of good quality files being found on it these days and that has nothing to do with sharman and everything to do with the riaa

now if you need me to explain it to you further, pm me and i will, but some how i don&#39;t think you will

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    internet.news
    Originally posted by b0b@7 December 2003 - 19:26
    I don&#39;t think Kazaa Lite is dead....I stopped visiting this forum at least 6 months ago (maybe a year), because I got bored of Kazaa Lite. When I heard Sharman was threatining everyone I decided to come back...
    right, b0b I will also still stay at Kazaa - I will still use it&#33;

We sould not give it up as Audioagalaxy - that was the hardest los, I&#39;ve make. And I will not give up Kazaa. Otherwise the RIAA would win easily.

Although I will have be away for some weeks for helping a girl friend out, I will come back later from time to time.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    internet.news
    Riaa cannot stop whole Kazaa like Audiogalaxy:

That is because it really works decentralized. Other services like SlSk could be take down easily.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN
    you might want to understand klite and the problems we have been having lately before you post, also i have a mind of my own and i know and am smart enough to figure out what is going on, i don&#39;t need to read anybody&#39;s post.

you on the other hand might want to stop reading peoples posts, start reading between the lines and see the whole picture and what is realy going on, the problem with fasttrack network and it dying is not sharman, but riaa, scaring people from sharing, thus good files being hard to find

klite&#39;s problem is sharman, and he is an idiot for doing this right now with the riaa going after kazaa.

the reason paul says fasttrack network is dead is because of lack of good quality files being found on it these days and that has nothing to do with sharman and everything to do with the riaa

now if you need me to explain it to you further, pm me and i will, but some how i don&#39;t think you will
    Yes, i know all about the screechy file situation, and about the RIAA scaring people off sharing mp3&#39;s with the threat of possible legal action. However, this thread, and many others recently just like it, are referring to the current situation with Sharman&#39;s legal threats, and have nothing to do with the RIAA.

For a long time now it has been apparent that Fast Track has many shortcomings when compared to other p2p networks. I am not telling anyone not to use KazaaLite, far from it. The point i was making is that when the masses eventually move to another network, it will be for the best. With it now becoming more difficult for people to download KazaaLite, it is probable that more and more people will look for an alternative. You obviously disagree with me, we are all entitled to our opinions, but it is my honest opinion that the only good thing about Fast Track is its popularity, and therefore the sooner we all move on, the better.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    OK let&#39;s see if I can get this straight.
    Paul&#39;s chatbuddy is the one who runs the website.
    Paul is dutch so I guess his chatbuddy is dutch too.
    Can the DMCA be applied in the Netherlands?
    The only DMCA I know about in the Netherlands, is the Dutch Mariah Carey Association - www.dmca.nl

Also the webpage seems to be hosted by Host.sk which is located in Slovakia.
    Can the DMCA be applied in Slovakia?

Anyway, even if it applies to those countries, Kazaa Lite complies with some of the DMCA&#39;s exceptions:

Personal privacy (section 1201(i)). This exception permits circumvention when the technological measure, or the work it protects, is capable of collecting or disseminating personally identifying information about the online activities of a natural person.

K-Lite was the one who first implemented the Privacy patch. Only later, Sharman&#39;s Kazaa implemented this feature, following Kazaa Lite.

Security testing (section 1201(j)). This exception permits circumvention of access control measures, and the development of technological means for such circumvention, for the purpose of testing the security of a computer, computer system or computer network, with the authorization of its owner or operator.

Random nut discovered Kazaa&#39;s major security vulnerability and reported it to Sharman. Story Details

So how in the world is Kazaa Lite damaging Kazaa&#39;s image? It&#39;s helping Kazaa getting better, more popular and more secure.
    If the morons of Sharman networks are reading this, think twice before shooting yourselves in the foot.

Paul, I hope you will put up the website again with the links and I hope the development doesn&#39;t stop, specially when random nut is back with some goodies.
    I wouldn&#39;t worry too much about Sharman because they don&#39;t have jack sh*t on Kazaa Lite to shut it down.
    Just some scare tactics like the RIAA. That&#39;s all.

Get well soon man, we need you. :beerchug:
    Oh yeah, I don&#39;t know any grandma tips for a sore throat, unless she is a doctor that can write prescriptions.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Paul@7 December 2003 - 13:21
    A chatbuddy of mine ran/runs the &#39;main&#39; website. He has removed the info about KL because he doesn&#39;t want to get in trouble. Maybe I can convince him to put at least a little bit of info about it on the website. But I respect his decision anyway. He said he will now use the website to promote other programs because he thinks those are better (which I totally agree on). It&#39;s time to move on.

I myself have also lost interest in KL. Actually already some time ago. I haven&#39;t actively used it for a long time. But I think the same applies for many other forum members here. I am totally addicted to eMule. It&#39;s open source, clean, lots of users, lots of great files and almost no fakes. We have to face facts that FastTrack is slowly dying and that the current KL will probably never be surpassed as the best FT client. But I will continue to help people with their problems here on the forum, because it is a great community.

I have been sick the last couple of days (39 degrees fever) so you probably won&#39;t see me on the forum much and it prevented me from posting this sooner. I hope to be back on my feet within a few days.

Thanks.

(P.S. Has any of you got any grandma tips for a sore throat? It hurts like hell.)
    Come on Paul, don&#39;t give up so easily&#33; Potverdorie&#33;

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    Kazaa Will never die

if you belive what i say i wont ever die just keep using it

and emule is to fucking slow bittorent and kazaa are the only things i use and sometimes ftp links or http links

kazaa will live for ever
    Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    Poster
    It Will Be A Shame For It To Go As It&#39;s The Thing That Got Me Into Filesharing

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    TRshady
    I cant believe this is happening ...
    what happened to all the effort put into fighting the RIAA, saying k-lite will never die, fans will not back down and we cant be stopped, now I see the admin going against this totally, a kick in the balls for the whole community.

But, I have to be honest and say I haven&#39;t used kazaa lite for months, and hope that this will result in more people using emule and actually sharing, lol .... but I&#39;d never thought I&#39;d see the day that k-lite is coming to an end.

I&#39;m not sure what will happen from here, but its a major win for the riaa and maybe the beginning of the end for p2p ...

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #40
    Poster
    Originally posted by Paul@7 December 2003 - 13:21
    A chatbuddy of mine ran/runs the &#39;main&#39; website. He has removed the info about KL because he doesn&#39;t want to get in trouble. Maybe I can convince him to put at least a little bit of info about it on the website. But I respect his decision anyway. He said he will now use the website to promote other programs because he thinks those are better (which I totally agree on). It&#39;s time to move on.

I myself have also lost interest in KL. Actually already some time ago. I haven&#39;t actively used it for a long time. But I think the same applies for many other forum members here. I am totally addicted to eMule. It&#39;s open source, clean, lots of users, lots of great files and almost no fakes. We have to face facts that FastTrack is slowly dying and that the current KL will probably never be surpassed as the best FT client. But I will continue to help people with their problems here on the forum, because it is a great community.

I have been sick the last couple of days (39 degrees fever) so you probably won&#39;t see me on the forum much and it prevented me from posting this sooner. I hope to be back on my feet within a few days.

Thanks.

(P.S. Has any of you got any grandma tips for a sore throat? It hurts like hell.)
    if kazaalite.tk no longer offers kazaa lite, then the website will soon die aswell. it offers NOTHING NOW which isnt available in other places.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast