Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: About Kl And The Website

Poster
    I Might Go Crazy

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #42
    Originally posted by Johnny_B@7 December 2003 - 20:17
    OK let's see if I can get this straight.
    Paul's chatbuddy is the one who runs the website.
    Paul is dutch so I guess his chatbuddy is dutch too.
    Can the DMCA be applied in the Netherlands?
    The only DMCA I know about in the Netherlands, is the Dutch Mariah Carey Association - www.dmca.nl

Also the webpage seems to be hosted by Host.sk which is located in Slovakia.
    Can the DMCA be applied in Slovakia?

Anyway, even if it applies to those countries, Kazaa Lite complies with some of the DMCA's exceptions:

Personal privacy (section 1201(i)). This exception permits circumvention when the technological measure, or the work it protects, is capable of collecting or disseminating personally identifying information about the online activities of a natural person.

K-Lite was the one who first implemented the Privacy patch. Only later, Sharman's Kazaa implemented this feature, following Kazaa Lite.

Security testing (section 1201(j)). This exception permits circumvention of access control measures, and the development of technological means for such circumvention, for the purpose of testing the security of a computer, computer system or computer network, with the authorization of its owner or operator.

Random nut discovered Kazaa's major security vulnerability and reported it to Sharman. Story Details

So how in the world is Kazaa Lite damaging Kazaa's image? It's helping Kazaa getting better, more popular and more secure.
    If the morons of Sharman networks are reading this, think twice before shooting yourselves in the foot.

Paul, I hope you will put up the website again with the links and I hope the development doesn't stop, specially when random nut is back with some goodies.
    I wouldn't worry too much about Sharman because they don't have jack sh*t on Kazaa Lite to shut it down.
    Just some scare tactics like the RIAA. That's all.

Get well soon man, we need you. :beerchug:
    Oh yeah, I don't know any grandma tips for a sore throat, unless she is a doctor that can write prescriptions.
    Good points.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #43
    i have to agree with Paul on this one. I too have "converted" to eMule.... I use KL to download mp3 only. I believe the KL hayday is gone. It was fun while it lasted but I will not stop using KL .....like i said before....use it for mp3s. The only downside i see on eMule is dl speed\time. 5 days and im still downloading KOTOR (4 bin\cue cds). EVERY file i have downloaded so far has been real....no fakes. As for this site.....its awesome. As you can tell i dont post too often (3) because i use the search option and find what im looking for. I vist this site daily and the amount of info i get on games, app, and other stuff is great.....just my $.02

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #44
    Originally posted by TRshady@7 December 2003 - 22:07
    I'm not sure what will happen from here, but its a major win for the riaa and maybe the beginning of the end for p2p ...
    This has nothing to do with the RIAA!! The only reason Kazaa Lite is coming to an end is it infringed upon Sharman Network's copyrights. The RIAA gain nothing out of this, actually they might lose out if we all move on. With other p2p apps not being afflicted with Kazaa's terrible file tagging, the RIAA will find it harder to flood these networks with fake mp3 files.

As for it being the end of p2p? Anyone savvy enough to use KazaaLite will know about its (better) alternatives. Then, when KMD users notice the dwindling number of users on FastTrack, they'll all toddle off to download.com to investigate and probably download EMule as well.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #45
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by SS396Camaro@7 December 2003 - 14:57
    i have to agree with Paul on this one. I too have "converted" to eMule.... I use KL to download mp3 only. I believe the KL hayday is gone. It was fun while it lasted but I will not stop using KL .....like i said before....use it for mp3s. The only downside i see on eMule is dl speed\time. 5 days and im still downloading KOTOR (4 bin\cue cds). EVERY file i have downloaded so far has been real....no fakes. As for this site.....its awesome. As you can tell i dont post too often (3) because i use the search option and find what im looking for. I vist this site daily and the amount of info i get on games, app, and other stuff is great.....just my $.02
    I can't goto eMule. I tried so many times to get something and had to wait. The only thing i ever got was GetSmile. I tried to get matrix revolutions, witch had around 2000 users, and i never got it. I tried kazaa witch had about 10 users and got it withen a couple hours.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #46
    TRshady
    Good points raised here, I understand and feel better bout this now. Thanks.
    So, as for the forum .... will it turn into a p2p forum?
    I think this would be great and definetly keep things alive ...

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #47
    Originally posted by TRshady@7 December 2003 - 23:14
    Good points raised here, I understand and feel better bout this now. Thanks.
    So, as for the forum .... will it turn into a p2p forum?
    I think this would be great and definetly keep things alive ...
    I don't believe that options won't be available. How bad do we want to keep k-lite, I believe will decide it. If we stand as a group, work out problems, make solutions,
    I mean were as smart as we want to be, in this situation or any. I think there are ample supplies of intellegent people in this forum alone. I'm not talking revolution or taking over some third world government. But just face it from a logical standpoint. What needs to be done? What is in our power to do? NO options ? We'll just have to take what ever happens? If we think like that k-lite dead before any kind of fight. Who wants to chip in on a Harvard Lawyer fresh out of law school ready to make a name for himself. (Well I can be serious and still joke can't I ?) We need a game plan.
    SMARTY SMARTY HAD A PARTY NOBODY CAME BUT SMARTY

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #48
    BANNED
    now thats what i'm talking about people more power to you

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #49
    How about doing with Kazaa what was done with eDonkey2000?
    Reverse engineer Kazaa, get the source code and use it to build a new client from scratch that connects to the FastTrack network.
    New GUI, new features, different source code and Sharman can no longer bitch about using their code.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #50
    msgtpain
    Just share the program as much as possible.. Don't let Kazaalite die

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast