Thread: Dvd Rip Of Kill Bill Vol 1

Poster
    no k++ links?????

2. Movies & TV   -   #42
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    time up

3. Movies & TV   -   #43
    Originally posted by Darth Sushi@8 December 2003 - 12:03
    I have the workprint and the quality is DVD but the bad crop chops off the top of heads and cuts off the subtitles, especially when 2 lines of subtitles are displayed. Also, it's the edited version where the bloody scenes are displayed in black and white. I got it using eMule.
    ???

darth sushi, if that really is a link to the workprint, then the quality is most likely not quite dvd because the color is uncorrected. during the editing/processing step, the studio has to correct the color in every shot in order to make it look more bright & vivid. any copy of the workprint is going to look dull and washed out compared to a theatrical print.

and the big fight scene near the end with the Crazy Eighty-Eight gang does switch to black & white in the final cut of the movie. it did that in the theater, and it will do that on the official dvd.

4. Movies & TV   -   #44
    muchspl2
    I herd it was full color in china something about the mpaa and ratings and word is you can turn it on in the official dvd but its all 3 party I am not certain

5. Movies & TV   -   #45
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by Darth Sushi+9 December 2003 - 06:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Darth Sushi @ 9 December 2003 - 06:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-3RA1N1AC@8 December 2003 - 16:59
    here&#39;s a pic i saw on another forum, comparing the new so-called "screener" with the old workprint. the new version is cropped significantly, as you can see. BUT it is still fairly watchable, and the image/sound quality are the best i&#39;ve seen so far on a kill bill vol. 1 rip.

on one hand, part of the picture is missing. on the other hand, it is a good-looking telecine transfer and the color & sound are much better than earlier rips.

I have the workprint and the quality is DVD but the bad crop chops off the top of heads and cuts off the subtitles, especially when 2 lines of subtitles are displayed. Also, it&#39;s the edited version where the bloody scenes are displayed in black and white. I got it using eMule.

ED2K links:
    [dohtml]NEF2K.NL.Kill.Bill.Volume.1.CD1.DVD-Rip.avi[/dohtml]
    [dohtml]NEF2K.NL.Kill.Bill.Volume.1.CD2.DVD-Rip.avi[/dohtml] [/b][/quote]
    that scene was meant to be in black in white its how the director wanted it

6. Movies & TV   -   #46
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Originally posted by Adster@9 December 2003 - 02:58
    that scene was meant to be in black in white its how the director wanted it
    Vivica Fox stated on an interview that many countries will get the B&W bloody scenes to appease censors (including the U.S.). Personally, I would like to collect both&#33;

7. Movies & TV   -   #47
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    there appear to be some black and white scenes in my copy, but i havent watched it yet, so i dont know if theyre stupidly annoying or not yet. my copy is the 1.5mb copy from bittorrent, suprnova. quality is good tho. make of it what you will.....

8. Movies & TV   -   #48
    Originally posted by muchspl2@8 December 2003 - 17:57
    I herd it was full color in china something about the mpaa and ratings and word is you can turn it on in the official dvd but its all 3 party I am not certain
    that may be true, abu. i&#39;m sure they filmed it in color, then changed it to black & white. possibly to maintain the R-rating? but i&#39;ve never heard of a movie getting the dreaded NC-17 rating due to violence; it&#39;s always because of sex. studios try to avoid NC-17 because children cannot go to see NC-17 movies at all, while they&#39;re allowed into R-rated movies with a parent-- so NC-17 movies have very poor ticket sales in the u.s.

anyway, the theatrical cut has the Crazy Eighty-Eight fight scene in black & white, so that is the cut which would appear on a plain official dvd. if they include that scene in color, they will prolly label the dvd as an "unrated version" or "director&#39;s cut" since the black & white version is the one that received the R-rating.

9. Movies & TV   -   #49
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+9 December 2003 - 14:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 9 December 2003 - 14:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@8 December 2003 - 17:57
    that may be true, abu. i&#39;m sure they filmed it in color, then changed it to black & white. possibly to maintain the R-rating? but i&#39;ve never heard of a movie getting the dreaded NC-17 rating due to violence; it&#39;s always because of sex. studios try to avoid NC-17 because children cannot go to see NC-17 movies at all, while they&#39;re allowed into R-rated movies with a parent-- so NC-17 movies have very poor ticket sales in the u.s.

anyway, the theatrical cut has the Crazy Eighty-Eight fight scene in black & white, so that is the cut which would appear on a plain official dvd. if they include that scene in color, they will prolly label the dvd as an "unrated version" or "director&#39;s cut" since the black & white version is the one that received the R-rating. [/b][/quote]
    agreed, but I am not abu

10. Movies & TV   -   #50
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by Mïcrösöül°V³@9 December 2003 - 19:51
    there appear to be some black and white scenes in my copy, but i havent watched it yet, so i dont know if theyre stupidly annoying or not yet. my copy is the 1.5mb copy from bittorrent, suprnova. quality is good tho. make of it what you will.....
    1.5meg shit that must be a small and craptasic copy

well compressed

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast