Thread: Burning Disks

When I download songs, I get the artist, title, and size of file in My Shared Folder. I then move the songs I want to burn to a new folder named with that artist's name. I remove the artist's name from the title so I have a folder with that artist's songs in it by title, along with the size of the file, that I can alphabetize. I then burn the songs to disk, but when I look at the titles on the disk, all I have is:
    Track01...............1K
    Track02...............1K
    Track03...............1K
    Track04...............1K
    etc.
    etc.

Is there any way to get the titles and sizes on the disk?

Thanks for any suggestions

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    That's what it's like for all CD's. There is nothing you can do about it. And if you could, it wouldn't matter.

However you can still get your CD player to show the correct text (only CD players which show text) by enabling the option to write the CD text, in your CD program. I think you will need to edit your MP3's before burning to include the correct information inside the file.

I hope this is helpful.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    muchspl2
    nero has the cd text option, just put in what you want them to say

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Thanks for the help! If I open the disk in Nero one of the windows has all the information on the individual songs (not what I changed it to before I burned it, but exactly what it looked like when I downloaded it). But at least I can make a label from the info.
    You can probably tell that I just started downloading music and burning it to CD's, so I don't feel too bad asking another dumb question.
    For instance, with this CD I burned 24 songs. They all play fine on my computer, but when I try to play the CD on my DVD player or in my car, two of the songs are screwed up... it's like an old LP sticking, playing the same section over & over and I have to fast forward or skip to the next song or just wait and maybe it'll go past the bad spot. I tried burning to a CDR so I could find the bad tracks and remove or redo them before I burned them to a CD, but my CDR's don't play at all on my other players. Am I putting too many songs on a disk? Should I just reburn another CD without the offending tracks, or am I missing an easier solution?

Thanks again, and any ideas on this problem will be appreciated.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Easy CD-DA extractor as well.