Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shereaza

Hello ppl,

Apart from using K-Lite, I also use Shadows BT and eMule. But if I understand correctly by reading some posts here, there is this app named Shareaza that supports ALL these networks (FT, BT, ed2k) plus Gnutella?

If that is true, it looks like the ideal solution to me, right? B) Or is there a catch somewere, and if yes, what is it?

BTW, in its FastTrack support does it have the K-Lite goodies (PL 1000 etc.)?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    No Fasttrack Support

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by jackc@7 December 2003 - 18:29
    Hello ppl,

Apart from using K-Lite, I also use Shadows BT and eMule. But if I understand correctly by reading some posts here, there is this app named Shareaza that supports ALL these networks (FT, BT, ed2k) plus Gnutella?

If that is true, it looks like the ideal solution to me, right? B) Or is there a catch somewere, and if yes, what is it?

I just downloaded it during the night. I'm impressed, I like the lay out, I got some killer speeds although I was downloading audio (about 30 songs) so I did'nt have to wait in que. like I'm hearing you do sometimes for movies. It's definitely worth downloading to see if its something you can use. No adware/spyware ofcourse. Very simple to set up and understand.
    SMARTY SMARTY HAD A PARTY NOBODY CAME BUT SMARTY

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by imnotanaddict+7 December 2003 - 19:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (imnotanaddict &#064; 7 December 2003 - 19:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jackc@7 December 2003 - 18:29
    Hello ppl,

I got some killer speeds [/b][/quote]
    Shareaza Measures Speed Different To Other P2P&#39;s The Speed It Shows Isn&#39;t Real...Just Thought I Would Tell You

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by stupidguy@7 December 2003 - 19:06
    No Fasttrack Support
    [QUOTE]

So the best combo is K-Lite & Shareazaa then?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Well, I just installed Shareaza and it works fine. It has a nice interface, and there is no need to have the eMule and BT clients in my hard disk anymore as both networks are supported.

I said it as a joke before, but it seems rather serious: A combo of K-Lite and Shareaza is perhaps the best solution.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by stupidguy+7 December 2003 - 19:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stupidguy &#064; 7 December 2003 - 19:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by imnotanaddict@7 December 2003 - 19:14
    <!--QuoteBegin-jackc
    @7 December 2003 - 18:29
    Hello ppl,

I got some killer speeds
    Shareaza Measures Speed Different To Other P2P&#39;s The Speed It Shows Isn&#39;t Real...Just Thought I Would Tell You [/b][/quote]
    Well I would&#39;nt have known, but I&#39;ve seen it mentioned in several threads. kb&#39;s not KB&#39;s, bits instead of bites. I took it in consideration that speed is about 1/8 of what it shows, KB&#39;s. But when I can get 100 or 200 users on some files and they download in what 30secs a minute I did&#39;nt time em but thats fast enough for me. I download all my movies from suprnova, I&#39;m sure I&#39;ll probally still use it.

edit: oops not all my movies I still download several in klite.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Soulseek for music - definitely.

Edit - agreed Supernova for movies, particularly new ones.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@7 December 2003 - 22:55
    Soulseek for music - definitely.

Edit - agreed Supernova for movies, particularly new ones.

Yeah, Suprnova&#39;s the best I&#39;ve found, but I&#39;ve found a few good movies on K++ that I could&#39;nt get on Suprnova with real good speed.

J&#39;Pol, Everytime I see your avatar I think of David Bowie....
    it&#39;s not is it ?

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Old Fella
    It&#39;s funny, everyone has their own opinions, and everyone thinks there is the right one. It all comes down to what suits the individual and what works best fro the types of files they download. I currently use KL, Shareaza and Winmx - all for different purposes. Tried others but didn&#39;t like them, will probably try them again.
    As they say, different strokes for different folks.

@imnotanaddict - Bowie , you got to be kidding. Looks nothing like him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast