Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Constant Explorer.exe Error

Right click My Computer > Properties > Advanced > Error Reporting > Enable Error Reporting. Now, when explorer crashes, take a note of why it crashed.

Also, if you've previously been running Windows 9x or ME, it might be a good idea to update your BIOS. Check out Wims Bios for info and guides. Be VERY CAREFUL if updating your BIOS. If you don't follow the correct procedure, you might well end up with a useless motherboard/BIOS chip. Don't be put off updating though - just be careful. Or even better, get a friendly geek to do it for you.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Well these errors started happening a while ago.. so i know something mustve happened.... and no, my system is pretty new since i built it on september and i dont think the mobo might be a prob coz its pretty new (asus a7n8x deluxe 2.0)
    Maybe there are tweaks to this problem?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    No tweaks for this one mate. explorer crashing is not something you can tweak.

Take a note of the error report next time this happens.

Have you updated your drivers/directx, and also XP itself? You have an nforce2 mobo, did you update with the recent 3.13 release?

Are you performing any other task when explorer crashes? Say, connecting to the internet, running an application, opening a media folder?

Have you defragged your hard drive?

Scandisk?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    can I curse? FUCK!
    I have updated the drivers.. and yes, i have an Nforce 2 mobo.. where do i update get the update? -.-

I AM performing tasks when the error pops up.. it mostly pops up when i open up windows explorer or something associated with windows...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    TRY THIS!

I had similar problems about 3 weeks ago after a Windoze Update
    The problem causing the conflict was a dll file.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by cosmic doobie@11 December 2003 - 05:14
    TRY THIS!

Nice suggestion, why don't he try it?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    sometimes other prog will set explorer to load other dll files that may be buggy.

(winace for example will make explorer to load "acev2.dll" and "arcext.dll" to give you that extra menu with those pretty icons )

If that the case then maybe you can try using Process Explorer to discover what that DLL could be and maybe removing the last program you installed before this happend

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Originally posted by camille+10 December 2003 - 23:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (camille @ 10 December 2003 - 23:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cosmic doobie@11 December 2003 - 05:14
    TRY THIS&#33;

Nice suggestion, why don&#39;t he try it? [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, I just finished downloading it, ill see if it really helps, thanks guys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12