Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Constant Explorer.exe Error

can I curse? FUCK!
    This annoying error keeps on popping up saying there is an explorer.exe error and gives me the options to send report.. etc etc. has anyone else encountered these kind of errors? because it is getting really frustrating.. And i dont plan on formatting anytime soon. Please, if anyone has any solutions or an idea of what the problem might be, please share...

Thanks in advance...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    what version of windows? (98/Me i assume), you could try reinstalling it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Well, explorer.exe is the Windows shell so you have problems.

- Do you have an antivirus installed on your system, with all the latest virus definitions?
    - Does your taskbar disappear momentarily?
    - What are you doing when this problem occurs?
    - Are all your drivers and directx up to date?
    - Is your system maybe overheating? Try taking the side off your case and checking all fans are working and not choked up with dust.
    - Touch the heatsink of your cpu, is it very hot to touch, or is it barely warm?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Shiranai_Baka@7 December 2003 - 14:09
    This annoying error keeps on popping up saying there is an explorer.exe error and gives me the options to send report.. etc etc. has anyone else encountered these kind of errors? because it is getting really frustrating.. And i dont plan on formatting anytime soon. Please, if anyone has any solutions or an idea of what the problem might be, please share...

Thanks in advance...
    Try using an alternate windows shell. There are many out there.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@7 December 2003 - 20:20
    Well, explorer.exe is the Windows shell so you have problems.

- Do you have an antivirus installed on your system, with all the latest virus definitions?
    - Does your taskbar disappear momentarily?
    - What are you doing when this problem occurs?
    - Are all your drivers and directx up to date?
    - Is your system maybe overheating? Try taking the side off your case and checking all fans are working and not choked up with dust.
    - Touch the heatsink of your cpu, is it very hot to touch, or is it barely warm?
    Im running XP and yes, the taskbar disappears momentarily and yes, all my virus definitions are updated. I have run AVG and norton scans and have found nothing. Any solutions?

Edit: No, my system is fine, and its usually when i open windows explorer or a certain programs, but it doesnt happen all the time.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Alucard1475's Avatar Poster
    I get the same fuckin error the whole time.

I'm currently on XP too, but not for long. XP, as I once siad, is not ment to exist on my pc so I'm going back to 2000.
    Actually, I was never on 2000 (ME before) so I'll give it a go soon.

ERROR happens always when I run the ePSXe emulator or when I open multiple(10) IE windows.

As Shiranai_Baka said, it really gets frustrating.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Why don't you go back to your previous OS i.e. 98?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by Shiranai_Baka@10 December 2003 - 05:02
    No, my system is fine, and its usually when i open windows explorer or a certain programs, but it doesnt happen all the time.
    no your system not fine. windows xp is a very very stable os and has not crashed on me once in my two years of using it. you really should think about a reinstall.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    muchspl2
    I concur

xp is very stable, and if your really that dumb to want to go back to ME then best of luck with that

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    this happens when I try to view "my shared folder" via my network places...not any of the other puters on my network, just my own. But it doesn't crash if I go to "my computer" > my shared folder (not kazaa lite's shared..the one I share with others on my network).

I haven't found ANYTHING with this on google....oh, it happens to any computer that is on my network..when accessing THEIR shared folder..fucked up, really.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast