Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winamp

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by 4play+14 February 2003 - 17:56--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4play @ 14 February 2003 - 17:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--fc
    Can you get it to say anything besides that...don&#39;t get me wrong I like that...but would like something else
    im gonna see if i can get it to say winamp really whips the smurfette&#39;s ass. [/b][/quote]

2. Music   -   #12
    Hi.Have you tried DFX for winamp,awesome sound/Sparkling quality. I use Dfx for windows media player and it Rocks. Also this enhancement automatically burns to disc with mp3s. Bye the way the new media player9 is far more stable than its predecessors.I have tried winamp (various versions) and didnt really take to it

3. Music   -   #13
    winamp 3 is the best.

4. Music   -   #14
    Winamp 2.81 is the "light" version. It comes with everything you would need.

http://classic.winamp.com

You can get skins and plugins there, I would highly suggest the Dee2 plugin. Easy to configure, and very good. The bigger your speakers, the better the effect of course

Winamp 3.0 is OK at best, it takes uber long to load, and even longer if you get a high detail skin. The only advantage really is being able to playback movies with DSP/effect, but right now thats buggy. Windows Media player is better and loads faster anyways at least for movies.

5. Music   -   #15
    Winamp 2.81...Winamp3 is too bulky, if you just want to listen to music you should go with Winamp 2.81

6. Music   -   #16
    I vote Winamp3.

7. Music   -   #17
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    I tried WinAmp 3 and went strait back to 2.81. But I use WMP 9 now. It has better sound quality and the nifty taskbar feature. B)

8. Music   -   #18
    @el-producto: You should ad a poll: Winamp 2.81 vs 3.0. I vote for 2.81.

Addons to consider (I use them):
    DSP/Efect plug-in: MuchFX (to load more than one DSP), DFX (Sound enhancement), RockSteady (to normalize volume on the go).
    General purpose plug-ins: WinampSwitch Plug-in (to turn Winamp into an alarm clock)
    Skins: I prefer Nucleo_NLog series. (Added just to point out that skins are vital, it&#39;s a matter of aestetics)

9. Music   -   #19
    imported_el-producto
    Thanks everyone. I got 2.81 and some shit called DEE 2. It really improves the bass but I cant get the sound I want..

10. Music   -   #20
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Dee plug-in kicks @&#036;&#036;. WOW thing is good too, but shareware.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast