Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Systematically Forcing Kl++ Out Of Network

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Jump supernodes a couple of times.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    true_neo's Avatar The Dark Lord Revan
    I jumped SN 10 times.
    I can download all right, just not search.....

All I do is disable SN when Im gonna search (which aint often anymore), but it still isnt preferred...
    Sage goes in the signature field.

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    i had same problem and i did this:
    if u can search ur file only then try to seach something u dont have and then ull see the windows blinks, it happens when suprnodes r jumping so after that ull get every thing in ur search result

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    Personally, I haven't used KL as my primary download for some time b/c the selection seemed more limited than on other networks — I'm not much into mp3s or the latest movie. I do, however, feel some loyalty to the system b/c they were my introduction into p2p and I always reserve some bandwidth to enable uploads, especially of files that I know r hard to find on FT.

I've just checked in here to get the skinny on the KL ++ feud. Everyone's temp hope seems to be supernodes. I enabled my supernode function [Advanced options] to prolong the network, do I still have to force being a supernode [K++ Advanced options]? BTW: I'm running v. 2.4.2

Thanx.
    My Best Quality Movies — My Live Concerts — [url='http://rapidshare.de/files/22222332/My_Shares.xls.html[/url]

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by guit_steel@10 December 2003 - 16:24
    Personally, I haven't used KL as my primary download for some time b/c the selection seemed more limited than on other networks — I'm not much into mp3s or the latest movie. I do, however, feel some loyalty to the system b/c they were my introduction into p2p and I always reserve some bandwidth to enable uploads, especially of files that I know r hard to find on FT.

I've just checked in here to get the skinny on the KL ++ feud. Everyone's temp hope seems to be supernodes. I enabled my supernode function [Advanced options] to prolong the network, do I still have to force being a supernode [K++ Advanced options]? BTW: I'm running v. 2.4.2

Thanx.
    If you do force supernode, guit_steel, you will definitely act as a supernode...

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    Poster
    Let's go 1 step further:

IF we have special KL++ supernodes, we can ALSO block certain ips (read probable RIAA trackers) from directly connecting to them!
    This will cut THEIR ability to search the network and EAT lots of bandwidth doing it CONSIDERABLY!

We could probably even figure out which ips are possibly hostile by monitoring THEIR bandwidth useage while connected to our supernode/s. If 1 node is using 5 KB/sec bandwidth by itself running searches... it's either a KL++ user who left ASM going overnight or it's one of the copyright monitoring groups...

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    While at my computer, I have been cancelling all uploads that r not coming from a KL user and sending them a message saying they will not be allowed access to my files as KL is not allowed access to the network. I then tell them to voice their complaints to Sharman, not me.

I know it won't matter much — especially since my p2p progs are on autopilot most of the time — but if it causes a couple of angry letters to Sharmen, I consider the job done.
    My Best Quality Movies — My Live Concerts — [url='http://rapidshare.de/files/22222332/My_Shares.xls.html[/url]

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    true_neo's Avatar The Dark Lord Revan
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@10 December 2003 - 18:03
    i had same problem and i did this:
    if u can search ur file only then try to seach something u dont have and then ull see the windows blinks, it happens when suprnodes r jumping so after that ull get every thing in ur search result
    No, I cant even find my own files.

Is this a bøg? Im on 2.4.3 btw.

If someone can solve this for me it be most appreciated. I shall, however, continue to be an SN, simply disabling it when I want to search.
    That would be a pain in the royal behind for the ppl connected to me if I went off as SN.
    Sage goes in the signature field.

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    Poster
    try going here:

http://kppdate.kickme.to/

I have used the update, and I have no problems. Hope it works for all of us.

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    That Sharman Group is really pushing us underground now!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast