Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 1st Warning From Isp Provider

Double Agent
    ahahha because you didn't set up one. i can't use the file directly downloaded from the website for my win 2000 machine for some reason. so i made one myself using the setting from the file in network and dial up...

i am sure you can find it in property of the file download...

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    sorry to be the turd in the punchbowl here but the bottom line here is that aol are in with the devil and they take a very dim view of file shareing so just kick them out the window and go with another isp.

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    Poster
    agree to that
    my ISP really don't give a f*ck what any foreign association says
    they rather tell its users how to protect instead
    and what p2p to use, like dc++ also they are calling
    search bots and stuff illegal and block them out and stuff
    RIAA suckers

edit: spellning

4. File Sharing   -   #44
    Poster
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@9 December 2003 - 00:38
    EDIT: not showing ur proxy? then ur proxy is prob not working
    No, it's working. It works too damn well. Makes administering my webs a bitch.

That and DL. keeps getting me kicked off the crack sites cause they think we're leeching.

" you are only allowed 12 visits a day"
    what the fuck is he doing with all these cracks?

5. File Sharing   -   #45
    Double Agent
    lmao

6. File Sharing   -   #46
    Poster
    if oyu have aol for dial up get the free (10 hours a month) juno and get beware of dg, trust me.

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

7. File Sharing   -   #47
    Ok got cut off from my ISP a couple of days ago, till i rang them and they gave me the verbal warning that some company had tracked that i had Adobe PSP 8 in my kazaa (guess they dont know the diff between kazaa and lite) share folder, was wondering if a firewall like blackice (and how good is black ice anyway?) wpuld stop the tracking my ip

Katchan

8. File Sharing   -   #48
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by katchan13@16 December 2003 - 08:34
    Ok got cut off from my ISP a couple of days ago, till i rang them and they gave me the verbal warning that some company had tracked that i had Adobe PSP 8 in my kazaa (guess they dont know the diff between kazaa and lite) share folder, was wondering if a firewall like blackice (and how good is black ice anyway?) wpuld stop the tracking my ip

Katchan
    go to www.anonx.com and paid for ur privacy

9. File Sharing   -   #49
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@8 December 2003 - 10:27
    join the club buddy

go subscribe an accout at www.anonx.com and be safe!!!
    Damn......... Pay-Pal

Peace brotherdoobie

10. File Sharing   -   #50
    Poster
    Originally posted by katchan13@16 December 2003 - 12:34

Katchan
    A firewall would have to totally block Kazaa/KL++'s ability to function to prevent them from monitoring you THROUGH Kazaa/KL++ (which is what they're doing.)

Their scanning resembles (and may in fact BE) regular searches in Kazaa/KL++, so to block that requires either blocking ALL of Kazaa/KL++ or blocking them by ip addresses. Only problem is, UDP-based packets do not report their originating ip -- only their last hop (which would be the supernode you're connected to.)

You'll have to quit sharing what they found, possibly for a year or more to be somewhat safe. You'll need to block listing of your files in KL++ by other users as well if you haven't already.

ALSO, even though it may be of marginal value, update the ip blocklist in KL++ and block RIAA/MPAA/BSA ips using it!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast