Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Call To All P2p Communities

Thank you for all the comments. It means that at least your thinking of The Big Hack, and thinking is good. I believe it is important to understand White Raven's rant in the proper context. He's been working on this whole hack thing night and day for the better part of 5 months. So when he blows, he blows. Sometimes for the good, sometimes not, but his heart is usually in the right place. Is his statement arrogant? Yeah, even abusive in some parts. Only he can truly understand his own level of frustration. I guess the boiled down version of what he is saying is, he can't understand how we can have so many p2p users out there floating around and we can't find a few good coders to finish what should be a fairly easy piece of code, once they get going. This shouldn't be a longterm gig, as the whole thing is supposed to be open source once they prove it works and is useful (remains to be seen). Anyway, I don't want to appear to be a spammer or fanboy, so I want thank you all again for the opportunity to add some commentary.

FW

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by FreakinWeasel@10 December 2003 - 23:16
    Anyway, I don't want to appear to be a spammer or fanboy
    Well I invited any member of TBH to bring their side of the article over here.

So generally, such heat will be on me

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Is there really no interest in this? All of the people on this forum saying "we should build our own p2p app." and no one has looked into this?

Come on you guys with the knowledge, see what you can do to help this guy out.

Well whatever, just kinda suprises me that's all. Not even one comment from those of you with knowledge in this type of stuff. Guess we should have left it where it was, at least it would have gotten some attention by all the spammers

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Just gotta try again
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    I posted something there and I will post it again here. It's my opinion and suggestions, not the absolute truth about the meaning of the life ; )

"
    Re: Im sick of this sabotage shit. Im calling for a p2p allience. (Score: 0)
    by Anonymous on Dec 17, 2003 - 09:38 PM
    (This is knightmad, coldmail at bol dot com dot br, too lazy to register, maybe later)
    Well, your project as your problem are both interesting. Unfortunetally, I cannot help you in PHP because I have no skill in Web languages, althought I can program in some other stand-alone languages (C/C++, Pascal/Delphi, some Assemblies, Fortran...) so, if you need help in not Web Languages, count on me . And, I can help you with some suggestions.
    First: even if you are only starting or planning your software, make it free software, under GNU GPL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html) or any other free software license. I suggest you GNU GPL because 1) Nobody (even you) would be allowed to break the copyleft license, what means that what you made free is free forever and 2) if your product is as good as it seems, FSF will protect it from being un-freed (for lack of a better word) assigning lawyers to protect you and your product
    Second: use PGP to ensure your messages to outside world are correct, signed and, if needed, encrypted
    Third: use CVS system to allow updates from multiple developers, it works well with Linux, for example, and permits to expurge errors as fast as they get in
    I hope this can be helpful in some way, and sorry for my bad english.

knightmad
    http://knightgina.sourceforge.net "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12