Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Need Help With A Phone

even if he was to keep it, the owner would report it stolen and when he goes to the people to get it activited they would think he stole it

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Poster
    how is it locked? keypad lock? PM me

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@8 December 2003 - 22:38
    A law that says that it's illegal to unlock a cellphone.
    well, how do you get the required 4 digit numerical code to unlock the phone?
    you can have any combination of numbers from 0000-9999 (which is rather a few numbers)
    you only get 3 wrong attempts to input the correct code, after which you will not be able to operate the phone at all

in order to successfully unlock the phone you would either have to have knowledge of the code prior to making the attempts (which may or may not be illegal depending on the method you obtained the code from), or you would have to be able to crack the code from within the memory of the phone itself (which is illegal)

i suppose when you look at it that way, it's only going to be illegal if you obtained the code legally
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    or you would have to be able to crack the code from within the memory of the phone itself (which is illegal)
    Where is that written?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@8 December 2003 - 23:39
    even if he was to keep it, the owner would report it stolen and when he goes to the people to get it activited they would think he stole it
    but if its insured he can get a new one&#33;

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    ok, i&#39;ve just been talking to my brother (who works for vodafone UK)
    he says the absolute best thing you can do is to phone up the operator for the phone (if you can find out) and give them the serial number on the phone.
    they may or may not tell you who the phone belongs to, if they do, you can take it to the person. if they don&#39;t, take it to a police station.

as for the issues of illegality of hacking the phone, VB, apparently it&#39;s dependent on international laws, so i&#39;d need to consult with my brother again for america
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@9 December 2003 - 00:12
    ok, i&#39;ve just been talking to my brother (who works for vodafone UK)
    he says the absolute best thing you can do is to phone up the operator for the phone (if you can find out) and give them the serial number on the phone.
    they may or may not tell you who the phone belongs to, if they do, you can take it to the person. if they don&#39;t, take it to a police station.

as for the issues of illegality of hacking the phone, VB, apparently it&#39;s dependent on international laws, so i&#39;d need to consult with my brother again for america
    well said gen&#33; now close thread plz lovely mods. problem solved

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Who said anything about America?

apparently it&#39;s dependent on international laws
    Which laws are those then?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    ohhh i jsut remember most phone lock codes are 0000....that is if they didtn change it.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    QUOTE&nbsp;

Who said anything about America?

QUOTE&nbsp;
    apparently it&#39;s dependent on international laws

Which laws are those then?
    not SURE about this... but i think there is a digital privacy thing that bill clinton passed in 1996-7... um it states that you need permission to get any information from a digital source... (that would be for america)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast