Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Help!

thank you for the help everyone. I was thinking the same thing for the silver too. Everything thing loooses color( or colour as they call it outside the US) but everything is silver under the moon

2. Lounge   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    This is merely a homework assignment.
    Is the teacher trying to make it more exciting by dressing it up as a "poetry slam"?

I would go with the Shakespeare and Hobbes's explanation.
    That should liven things up a bit.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by xbballplaya223x@9 December 2003 - 01:57
    thank you for the help everyone. I was thinking the same thing for the silver too. Everything thing loooses color( or colour as they call it outside the US) but everything is silver under the moon
    You really feel it is so prosaic, as to be about the fact that the human eye has monochrome vision under certain conditions.

Oh well, go for that then. At least it's better than stealing the ideas / work of others and claiming them as your own. A step in the right direction methinks.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+9 December 2003 - 00:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 9 December 2003 - 00:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-xbballplaya223x@9 December 2003 - 01:57
    You really feel it is so prosaic, as to be about the fact that the human eye has monochrome vision under certain conditions.

Oh well, go for that then. At least it&#39;s better than stealing the ideas / work of others and claiming them as your own. A step in the right direction methinks. [/b][/quote]
    The subject matter of the poem is a little basic.

But as with many things, "it ain&#39;t what you say, it&#39;s the way that you say it".
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Originally posted by clocker@9 December 2003 - 01:01
    This is merely a homework assignment.
    Is the teacher trying to make it more exciting by dressing it up as a "poetry slam"?

I would go with the Shakespeare and Hobbes&#39;s explanation.
    That should liven things up a bit.
    it is worth 2 test grades lol. You could choose a few more things for the assingment lile sing in front of the class or write a poem yourself

6. Lounge   -   #16
    What has modern education come to when a simple assignment is worth two test scores?
    Do you also get credit for maintaining a pulse?

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by clocker@9 December 2003 - 02:08
    What has modern education come to when a simple assignment is worth two test scores?
    Do you also get credit for maintaining a pulse?

Does it have to be your own pulse.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    That would be for the advanced placement students.

They are going on to pre-med.

All others proceed directly to "Would You Like Fries With That" 101 and thence, 102.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by clocker@9 December 2003 - 02:17
    That would be for the advanced placement students.

They are going on to pre-med.

All others proceed directly to "Would You Like Fries With That" 101 and thence, 102.
    That&#39;s harsh - Damn harsh.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    You think?

I didn&#39;t even mention "Remedial Would You Like Fries With That"...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12