Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compressing Video

muchspl2
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater+9 December 2003 - 04:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheFilePirater @ 9 December 2003 - 04:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@9 December 2003 - 02:46
    sorry he should turn on overburn and just burn it, I thought he wanted to watch it in a standalone dvd player
    I was wrong, seems he just wants it on a cd as data
    sssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee [/b][/quote]

read the post it wasen&#39;t clear one way or another

what&#39;s the best video compresser? i need compress a 720mb video into a 650mb so it can fit on a cd. the format of the video is in avi

thx&#33;

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    sorry for the fast typing. here&#39;s the problem:

i downloaded a movie from kazaa which is 720 mb in avi format. i don&#39;t really have any space in my hard drive for it, so i wanted to put the video into a cd. however, the max my cd will hold is 700mb, but my video is 720 mb. i want to make the video smaller so it can fit on the cd, in other words, compress the video file. i wanted to know what is the best software that compress my video file most efficient and speedy.
    OH NO.....&#33; It&#39;s the SEIZUREBOTS SQUADRON &#33;&#33;&#33;

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    muchspl2
    do you have nero, you need to get it http://www.nero.com and just burn it, think you might have to turn on over burn thats in the options, every movie should fit on a cdr with out splitting or compressing, when I read your post I thought you wanted to compress the avi to one disc to watch it on a standalone dvd player

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    thx alot.

my bad, i&#39;ll try the latest version, i got crap version right now
    OH NO.....&#33; It&#39;s the SEIZUREBOTS SQUADRON &#33;&#33;&#33;

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    You might not have to compress it at all. I recently learned that you can fit approximately 725 MB on a 700 MB CD. Don&#39;t ask me why or how it does it, I just happened to notice on the DOOM9 site that a 700 MB disk will actually take 735 MB. I&#39;ve burned several files over 700MB onto a CD using EZ CD Creator with no problem whatsoever. Give it a try, worst case is you waste a disk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12