Thread: Clock Up Laptops

hi i'm just wondering if you can clock up laptops, cause you can't update them, so please give us all the imfo you have, Thankyou

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    you can iu think just as you could nay other desktop, problem is, you will have barley any cooling options, so in my mind at least it is a bad idea...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    laptops could be overclocked but tbh I wouldnt really ant to do it...first reason would be heat...u overclock u generate more heat and one of the problems with laptops is the heat they generate...second reason would be that to get a good overclock u would usually need to increase some voltages which would shorten the battery life

i think it could be done though

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    Apart from the problems already stated, you would have to have a bios which permitted you to change the clock speed. This is unlikely as it would also mess up the power saving features used to declock the processor when idle.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    u could always use fridge cooling for ur laptop...lol

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Boring but essential reply
    MAINTENANCE
    -buy ram
    -upgrade hard drive
    -do you clean up your registry-(registry healer)
    -tweak?`-try tweak xp.com
    -Basic-use your vacuum cleaner on the opposite side of where the fan goes out and suck out the months of dust - this will garantued cool it down.
    Sorry for banal help