Thread: Video Card Question

I have a NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX/MX 400 (32mb I think).

Are there any cards I can get for around $75 (store/ebay new) that would give me a noticeable improvement? (for example to play HL2 with good graphics/permformance)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    75: u can at least get a gfx 5200. if u want one, i have a almost new gfx 5200 on sale for $50 with free shipping. pm me if u want it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    the 5200 will give u an improvement but tbh i think u should save up ur cash till hl2 actually comes out if ur wanting a card to play it...by that time u could have enough for one of the 9600's or even a 9800 when the next gen of cards come out around feb/march

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by john_malkie2010@9 December 2003 - 01:00
    the 5200 will give u an improvement but tbh i think u should save up ur cash till hl2 actually comes out if ur wanting a card to play it...by that time u could have enough for one of the 9600's or even a 9800 when the next gen of cards come out around feb/march
    yep

the 5200 is a pretty low-end card when it comes to games such as hl2 and doom3, the only way you'll get decent gameplay is with a very good system to back it up with (etc CPU, RAM)
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    so i got a shit card? it doesnt seem to have any problesm playing my games

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@9 December 2003 - 01:08
    it&#39;s not a shit card, it&#39;s just a low-end card

you have a nice spec to back it up (with regards to ram and cpu)
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+8 December 2003 - 21:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 8 December 2003 - 21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheFilePirater@9 December 2003 - 01:08
    it&#39;s not a shit card, it&#39;s just a low-end card

you have a nice spec to back it up (with regards to ram and cpu) [/b][/quote]
    yea. when i used my gfx, my system specs took care of things. now, i got this monster, so i&#39;m all good