Thread: Free 1and1 Webhosting For 3 Years

Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    1and1.com is a european based webhost offering free webhosting to US residence for 3 years.

I want to know if anyone from the UK has managed to take advantage of this offer by giving false details.

Their services are over priced if you're paying for it, as i did, but for free i'd use them
    Robert00000

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    1&1

3. Lounge   -   #3
    yep, thats the one (www.1and1.com), click to continue and look for the 3 years free offer.
    Robert00000

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    I actually the the small print, and there are a lot of restrictions. Only 5GB per month, then they can charge you a fee for going above that.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Yea, i signed up with em. It's pretty good to use for a small website/forum or just randomly storing files on.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by Spindulik@8 December 2003 - 23:24
    I actually the the small print, and there are a lot of restrictions. Only 5GB per month, then they can charge you a fee for going above that.
    No

There's a configuration in the admin panel that allows you to set upper and lower limits on EVERYTHING!

There is NO risk. Everything works very well, a little slow to set up some server side scripts, but otherwise, no problems at all!

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Has anyone tried using this hosting service from outside USA and Canada?, because i'm from the UK and want to know if i give them my UK telephone number if they'll activate.
    Robert00000

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Originally posted by Robert00000@9 December 2003 - 17:44
    Has anyone tried using this hosting service from outside USA and Canada?, because i'm from the UK and want to know if i give them my UK telephone number if they'll activate.
    Just get a USA buddy to set up an account for you. That's all you have to do.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    It wont work outside US and canada unless you give them a US number. Also while registering you have to configure a proxy to use some US IP address unless you ask a friend in US to set it up for you, which is what you should do.

They call you to give you the confirmation code. So be sure to do that.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Originally posted by I.am@10 December 2003 - 02:24
    It wont work outside US and canada unless you give them a US number. Also while registering you have to configure a proxy to use some US IP address unless you ask a friend in US to set it up for you, which is what you should do.

They call you to give you the confirmation code. So be sure to do that.
    Who will be my US buddy? Any offers?
    Robert00000