Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dc++

Originally posted by nanotek+10 December 2003 - 20:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nanotek @ 10 December 2003 - 20:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Johnny_B@10 December 2003 - 20:21
    Does the latest DC++ version support multisource downloading?
    for the original client no but there does seem to be a dc client for linux that supports that feature. [/b][/quote]
    So there&#39;s nothing for Windows?
    That sucks.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Originally posted by Johnny_B+10 December 2003 - 21:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Johnny_B @ 10 December 2003 - 21:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by nanotek@10 December 2003 - 20:23
    <!--QuoteBegin-Johnny_B
    @10 December 2003 - 20:21
    Does the latest DC++ version support multisource downloading?

for the original client no but there does seem to be a dc client for linux that supports that feature.
    So there&#39;s nothing for Windows?
    That sucks. [/b][/quote]
    Its bad enough that we have leechers that don&#39;t share or fakeshare as some put it. multi sourcing will make even for harder to the legetimate user to leech anything therefore just killing itself with a shotgun. imagine a dude who grab all the slot from everyon leaving nothing for everyone else... do you get the drift?

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Poster
    as far as i can tell the programmers are not intrested in doing multisource anyway because of the point u mentioned. Anyway dc++ is based on the speed that each connection has - if u get say a user with a t1 connection u will get that file your looking for really quickly anyway . I once dl off some guy at a wopping 60kB/s , took me little over an hour to get that double cd i wanted , who needs multisourcing ?
    Open your mind

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    I think its for people on dialup or ISDN like on Kazaa, Emule.. who really need all the sources they can find to cram up their shitty connection HAHAHA&#33;&#33;&#33;

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Originally posted by sam71@15 December 2003 - 23:06
    I think its for people on dialup or ISDN like on Kazaa, Emule.. who really need all the sources they can find to cram up their shitty connection HAHAHA&#33;&#33;&#33;
    well when i introduced a good horror movie hub to my friend who just got 1MBit connection one evening he immediately got amazing download speeds, contstant speed around 100kb/s, (yes, 100kb/s NOT 100kbps) during whole night, and next morning he had already completed 5 movies before he had to shut down his pc because he had to go to work and that is a true story not made up dc++ promo.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Originally posted by Mihkel+16 December 2003 - 06:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mihkel @ 16 December 2003 - 06:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sam71@15 December 2003 - 23:06
    well when i introduced a good horror movie hub to my friend who just got 1MBit connection one evening he immediately got amazing download speeds, contstant speed around 100kb/s, (yes, 100kb/s NOT 100kbps) during whole night, and next morning he had already completed 5 movies before he had to shut down his pc because he had to go to work and that is a true story not made up dc++ promo. [/b][/quote]
    btw, my iq is only 1 thats because I only use 1 percent of my braincell, where did the rest go???

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    try the BBB hubs, if you got a fast enough connection (10Mbit+ up and down) there you will see speed around 300-1000kb/s

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    in some film hubs there are users with incredible share (hundreds of GBs) and upload (10-16 slots open), but still you can dl about 60kb/s, i don&#39;t think home user has so many resources to offer, these must be some servers or something with good hardware and very fast connection.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Poster
    yep u right those are the best , i once dl a cd in a bit over an hour B)
    Open your mind

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    just a small picture of users and their share i just made.

and there is one hub where share limit is like 167,5GB
    never been there but i saw in public hub list that there were about 600 users in that hub...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast