Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Surely There Must Be Something Wrong

Poster
    if i knew that i wouldnt have bought it.

grrrrr

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by dray_02@9 December 2003 - 05:56
    if i knew that i wouldnt have bought it.

grrrrr
    your spec should still be adequate to run games for the next year or two, if only at reduced details/resolutions
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    dude. since ur cpu isn&#39;t that good, ur score is low. my gfx scored about 1400-1500 on the 3dmark03, but i had a oced p4. ur score is ok for now. u might wanna oc ur cpu a lot

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@9 December 2003 - 06:01
    dude. since ur cpu isn&#39;t that good, ur score is low. my gfx scored about 1400-1500 on the 3dmark03, but i had a oced p4. ur score is ok for now. u might wanna oc ur cpu a lot
    oc&#39;ing the cpu on 3d mark 03 will make a very slight difference to the score in comparison to oc&#39;ing the gpu

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    can u guyz please tell me how to OC my stuff?

i wanna do it as safely as possible. but i&#39;ll do it if it means increased perfomance.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by dray_02@9 December 2003 - 06:08

i wanna do it as safely as possible. but i&#39;ll do it if it means increased perfomance.
    i believe Riva Tuner is a good nVidia overclocking utility

you shouldn&#39;t try to jump too high when overclocking, start off with small increases (e.g. 5MHz a time), until you start to see "strange" things on the monitor, e.g. pixellation or artefacting. then go back to the last good settings.

remember that the amount of performance you will gain through overclocking isn&#39;t usually very high (10% would be very good), so don&#39;t get your hopes up

also remember that overclocking can be dangerous and you may end up with a broken graphics card (though this is unlikely if you take your time)

good luck

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+9 December 2003 - 02:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 9 December 2003 - 02:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dray_02@9 December 2003 - 06:08

i believe Riva Tuner is a good nVidia overclocking utility

you shouldn&#39;t try to jump too high when overclocking, start off with small increases (e.g. 5MHz a time), until you start to see "strange" things on the monitor, e.g. pixellation or artefacting. then go back to the last good settings.

remember that the amount of performance you will gain through overclocking isn&#39;t usually very high (10% would be very good), so don&#39;t get your hopes up

also remember that overclocking can be dangerous and you may end up with a broken graphics card (though this is unlikely if you take your time)

good luck [/b][/quote]
    ocing ur graphx card by small increments is fine. jsut make sure u test it.

and u can also oc ur cpu, since u have an amd. change ur multiplier, and make sure u got good hsf or wc or w/e u use. cpu speed is also needed for good benchies

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@9 December 2003 - 06:19

and u can also oc ur cpu, since u have an amd. change ur multiplier, and make sure u got good hsf or wc or w/e u use. cpu speed is also needed for good benchies
    it&#39;s a lot easier to oc the gpu than it is to oc the cpu
    also, the increases seen in 3d mark 03 from oc&#39;ing the cpu would be very small in comparison to oc&#39;ing the gpu

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+9 December 2003 - 02:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 9 December 2003 - 02:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@9 December 2003 - 06:19

it&#39;s a lot easier to oc the gpu than it is to oc the cpu
    also, the increases seen in 3d mark 03 from oc&#39;ing the cpu would be very small in comparison to oc&#39;ing the gpu [/b][/quote]
    but a gfx 5200 usually doesn&#39;t ahve a fan. so u can&#39;t oc it too much. but ur cpu can take a lot. especially a amd. there&#39;s a lot of shit u can do with an amd. increase multipliers, increase clock speed (duh). and so on. i only recommend this cuz it not only increases performance in games and benchies, but also ur pc as a whole. like when u encode video, or u render animation. and so on.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Originally posted by dray_02@9 December 2003 - 07:45
    thats a nice setup, but can sum1 tell me if i should be expecting a higher result than that (because i need 2 upgrade my motherboard to an 8xAGP)

or is this the highest result i can expect from a geforce fx 5200
    Its just to make ppl think exactly that.

Dont worry about the benchmarks.

If your happy how your games run fuck the benchmarks. They just want to to say

"man this runs shit, time for an upgrade" so you can spend more money.

My Geforce4 mx440 runs super shit in the benchmark but my games run ok.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast