Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bios Died

This is horrible. I don't understand when you state the floppy light. The BIOS don't load, so it doesn't check for a bootable floppy. When I bootup, the LED lights near the power and reset buttons light up. The DVD-ROM drive ejects when I push the button.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Gigabyte's website is horrible. I appears that they are based in Taiwan. They offer minimal tech. support and drivers.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    yeh same as abit there technical support sucked waited 2 weeks for a new bios.
    and that was coming from their uk office

here is the contact details for gigabytes uk office Gigabytes uk page

let me no how the service is.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    G.B.T. TECH. CO. LTD.

Tel: 44-1908-362700
    Fax: 44-1908-362709
    E-mail:[email protected]
    Web Address: www.gbt-tech.co.uk

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Thank you. Just as a last resort, I looked up the prices for a new mobo at Pricewatch. They are pretty cheap around $30.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    yeh i'am in the uk so thats about right i paid £15 + vat = £16.40

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Sneepboy's Avatar Poster
    I have a Gigabyte motherboard and have updated the bios twice. You shouldnt have any problems updating it as long as the power dosent go out while youre in the middle of it. I'll get back to that in a sec.
    The problem dosen't sound to me like a bios problem. If you are getting a beep code, you are getting a clue to the problem. Did you by any chance open the case for any reason and maybe touch the video card or memory? I have had that problem on computers several times. I did a search on google & found THIS site that lists beep codes. I have an award bios but yours may be different. Anyways, if that isn't your problem, you can try a new bios. (You should first probably take a look at your motherboard manual on steps for this. )Heres what I have to do to flash mine: I download the latest from their website making sure I get the correct version. I download the award flash tool. I usually print out the readme file to make sure any steps have not changed. I copy the 2 files to a floppy disk. I usually use a start up floppy from Windows ME (because I dont think XP lets you make a bootable floppy or make a startup floppy.) Any startup from WIN9X will do. I start the computer with the floppy, take that one out & put in the one with bios, run the flash utility (following the instructions from the readme), exit & reboot. Im all smiles when I see the new bios date in the left corner of the screen.
    Anyways, Im not sure the problem is the bios so good luck to you.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Clear CMOS will not shorten the life of your motherboard. Turn off power to the board. Unplug power cord. Find the 'CLR CMOS' jumpers on the motherboard. connect the two pins together for about 5 seconds and then disconnect them. Reconnect power and power up your system.

To find the clear CMOS jumpers: if you give me the model number of your board I can find it online. You should also be able to find it in your manual.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    What bios revision did you try to update to? I am now at Gigabytes web support pages and they have each models bios updates here for download. All details explained.

http://tw.giga-byte.com/products/products.htm

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster
    PCH , why are you always fucking up your comp???
    i helped you install linux and this is what i get

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast