Thread: Easy Cd Creator

i have downloaded easy cd creator 5 from kzaaa and when i insatll it on my win2000 machine it dose not reconise that i have put a direct cd in. i have insatlled the direct cd software witch comes with the ecdc program.

dose any one konw why this is.

dose any 1 no where to download apsi drivers.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    If you are going to Use EZCD Creator, I suggest you get the updates from ROXIO so that it will run properly. That may be the problem itself. Understand that there are driver support updates.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by CornerPocket@17 February 2003 - 12:55
    If you are going to Use EZCD Creator, I suggest you get the updates from ROXIO so that it will run properly. That may be the problem itself. Understand that there are driver support updates.
    I would not do that.I have Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum and did a update and it screwed everything up...had to uninstall and reinstall.Works fine without updates.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    TRshady
    I use easy cd creator 5 of kazaa and have got all the updates. It worked fine b4 and after so i dont think its any thing to do with updating. Maybe its the one u downloaded. Usually If I want software I download the biggest version (size), smaller ones USUALLY have things missing.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    What you want to do is install the program and not restart your computer. Then download and apply all necessary updates. Then restart. If you restart after the first installation everything gets fubar'd. They talk abou this on the roxio site. There is some driver conflict with the nt platform if you don't do it this way.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Is it just me or Easy CD Creator doesn't support cue/bin files?

Get Nero. It's by far the best burning software available.
    I have Nero and DirectCD and they've never had any kind of conflicts whatsoever.

Easy CD Creator has a lot of cute and funny looking buttons but it fails big time on performance.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    TRshady
    I find ecdc5 more professional.
    Before anyone asks, if when you try to make a cd an error message says 'engine initialisation failed' you need to set up the engine which is an exe you downloaded with ecdc5. In the same folder you unzipped the contents too.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+17 February 2003 - 12:04--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 17 February 2003 - 12:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--CornerPocket@17 February 2003 - 12:55
    I would not do that.I have Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum and did a update and it screwed everything up...had to uninstall and reinstall.Works fine without updates. [/b][/quote]
    There is a certain part of the software that is recommended to be removed with the updates. Believe that is a cause that creates havoc, but if you install it correctly, use the remove (that portion) patch, you should have no issues with the install. Just check with Roxio site,you will find the correct way to install/uninstall the software.............I used it for quite sometime before becoming hooked on Nero, believe me I ran into just about every EZCD problem and solution to correct.

PS: as for the ASPI drivers:
    http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/d...ex.html?sess=no
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"