Thread: Files Become Remote

If I'm in a Playlist, and I go to Player on the Menu Bar and click on Next, before my eyes, songs will turn Remote, despite the fact that their source file still remains in My Media. Why is this? I then have to go back into My Media and click and drag the song back into a Playlist and delete the Remote one. I've seen this happen numerous times right before my eyes! Any idea why? Is there something corrupt in there? It may only happen when using Player on Menu Bar. Not sure. It's bugging me.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Hello there,, I sure would like to know the answer to the question you posted about songs going to the remote mode,,,, this also happens to me quite frequently. I don't understand that either.... please keep me posted as well. Thank you,,,

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    i believe it's WM9 automated editing of the ID3 tags and changing the files hash that causes this.
    just a guess.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by Vargas@9 December 2003 - 15:35
    i believe it's WM9 automated editing of the ID3 tags and changing the files hash that causes this.
    just a guess.
    and this means what in English?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by TheGatherer+10 December 2003 - 00:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheGatherer &#064; 10 December 2003 - 00:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vargas@9 December 2003 - 15:35
    i believe it&#39;s WM9 automated editing of the ID3 tags and changing the files hash that causes this.
    just a guess.
    and this means what in English? [/b][/quote]
    It means Windows Media Player version 9 (with all it&#39;s DRM goodness) "phones home" everytime you play a file, and "updates" the files info stored inside it, thereby changing the files checksum hash, making it, in effect, a different file according to kazaa.

EDIT: kazaa uses windows media player to run the theater

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I made a post earlier about this and noone could reply. This happens to me a lot, but I just decided to not use kazaa to play my music.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by thetransplanted@10 December 2003 - 06:03
    I made a post earlier about this and noone could reply. This happens to me a lot, but I just decided to not use kazaa to play my music.
    good idea
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by Vargas+10 December 2003 - 00:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vargas @ 10 December 2003 - 00:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by TheGatherer@10 December 2003 - 00:16
    <!--QuoteBegin-Vargas
    @9 December 2003 - 15:35
    i believe it&#39;s WM9 automated editing of the ID3 tags and changing the files hash that causes this.
    just a guess.

and this means what in English?
    It means Windows Media Player version 9 (with all it&#39;s DRM goodness) "phones home" everytime you play a file, and "updates" the files info stored inside it, thereby changing the files checksum hash, making it, in effect, a different file according to kazaa.

EDIT: kazaa uses windows media player to run the theater [/b][/quote]
    If this is only happening due to WMPlayer, can&#39;t one change the default player in KLite: Or, is there any other solution? It&#39;s a pain in the a**.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    ...and strangely enough, this phenomenon only happens when I use the Player feature on the Menu Bar. How&#39;s that for freaky? Not getting much in the way of a solution I guess.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by Hypnotised@10 December 2003 - 08:58
    If this is only happening due to WMPlayer, can&#39;t one change the default player in KLite:&nbsp; Or, is there any other solution? It&#39;s a pain in the a**.
    for klite v243 go to "Options>KL Extention Options>Interface" and enable
    • Change to KL Extentions style `My Kazaa Lite K++&#39; context (right click) menu
    • Default Action -> Shell open

I think there&#39;s a pinned topic on that on the forum somewhere.
    Im also pretty sure you can set WMP to NOT update your media in WMP&#39;s settings somewhere.